• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Sri Lanka in Australia 2012/2013

ajdude

International Coach
hope Clarke has a sense of occasion and has Hussey open the batting in the second dig

lakmal should grow a full on mullet

Last edited:

Spark

Global Moderator
Good day. Could've been much better for Aus had they not been so generous.

Highlights was seeing one of those white balloons to cross the ground and fly out of the stadium after about a dozen attempts. Crowd seemed to warm to Herath too.

Was hard not to laugh at Thirimanne getting smashed where the sun don't shine.

aussie tragic

International Captain
Australia has now had 5 batsmen run out this summer

Jan-13 - Hussey - 25 (batting with Clarke)
Jan-13 - Cowan - 4 (batting with Warner)
Dec-12 - Hughes - 10 (batting with Cowan)
Dec-12 - Warner - 57 (batting with Cowan)
Nov-12 - Cowan - 136 (batting with Clarke)

Cowan has been involved in 4 of them :unsure:

AlanJLegend

U19 Vice-Captain
I'm sure this has been mentioned plenty of times in this thread already, but I think somebody really needs to explain to M Jayawardene how the DRS works.

Firstly he reviews a very dicey LBW shout that was turned down. The ball was only just clipping the edge of leg stump, and umpires call was upheld. Mahela threw his arms up in the air, complained to both umpires, walked away shaking his head and threw his arms around a bit more.

Later in the day, an LBW shout on Clarke was turned down. Despite having 1 review left, Sri Lanka decided not to use the technology and as it turned out, it would have been absolutely plub. Following the decision not to use the review, Mahela was seen once again complaining to the umpires and carrying on.

Son, what on earth are you doing?

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'm sure this has been mentioned plenty of times in this thread already, but I think somebody really needs to explain to M Jayawardene how the DRS works.

Firstly he reviews a very dicey LBW shout that was turned down. The ball was only just clipping the edge of leg stump, and umpires call was upheld. Mahela threw his arms up in the air, complained to both umpires, walked away shaking his head and threw his arms around a bit more.

Later in the day, an LBW shout on Clarke was turned down. Despite having 1 review left, Sri Lanka decided not to use the technology and as it turned out, it would have been absolutely plub. Following the decision not to use the review, Mahela was seen once again complaining to the umpires and carrying on.

Son, what on earth are you doing?
If Ponting did that there'd be a thread about what a disgrace he is from the usual suspects.

Spark

Global Moderator
Also noticed that Hughes seemed very fond of nicking the strike on the last ball of the over. Did it heaps, generally hogged the strike when there. Think that might have gotten to Warner a little.

Crazy Sam

International 12th Man
Not sure what the problem with that footage is. It appears to me that the frame where the ball actually hits the pitch isn't there, so the frame is actually just after the ball has come back up off it.

howardj

International Coach
As I said yesterday, it was great to see Hughes get runs. However, I think he and commentators should save the "how I've turned things around and had a rebirth" comments, until after he scores some runs against international-class attacks. Even on the domestic front, with his county and his new Shield team (in the FC form), he only averaged mid 40s in 2012.

At 24, and already with a number of centuries under his belt, it's clear the boy can play, and is certainly worth persisting with. However, in my view, judgement should be reserved, in terms of whether he "is back".