• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Sri Lanka in Australia 2012/2013

SS1

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Just watched Hughes play his first couple of overs and he is still playing backward/forward defensive shots to balls that are literally 6th/7th stump.

Best of luck in England son, you're going to need it.

sphynx

U19 Debutant
Just watched Hughes play his first couple of overs and he is still playing backward/forward defensive shots to balls that are literally 6th/7th stump.

Best of luck in England son, you're going to need it.

He's a 23 year old with 26 first class ton's , and 3 test centuries.

I don't think he needs your help tbh.

Didn't he just average over 100 through the last county season?..... :blink:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
He's a 23 year old with 26 first class ton's , and 3 test centuries.

I don't think he needs your help tbh.

Didn't he just average over 100 through the last county season?..... :blink:
Haha whilst I think it is possible he may struggle in England, the **** Hughes cops is getting ridiculous now. He's so young, has made test runs before, and he has been given pretty short runs in the Australian team which have not helped.

I'm not his biggest fan, and lol'ed hard when Martin/Guptil were owning him, but nevertheless he is unfairly maligned.

On top of that, wasn't he dropped in the 09 Ashes because of his dismissals against short bowling, not outside off poking?

Spark

Global Moderator
Haha whilst I think it is possible he may struggle in England, the **** Hughes cops is getting ridiculous now. He's so young, has made test runs before, and he has been given pretty short runs in the Australian team which have not helped.

I'm not his biggest fan, and lol'ed hard when Martin/Guptil were owning him, but nevertheless he is unfairly maligned.

On top of that, wasn't he dropped in the 09 Ashes because of his dismissals against short bowling, not outside off poking?
That, and Mitchell Johnson was bowling tripe.

sphynx

U19 Debutant

The good luck in England bull**** is just that.

Bellerive in it's current state, weather and all, is exactly like English conditions.

Hughes is in hot form, he could dominate in India if his form continues.

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
Serious no-ball issues this morning.

Treating the practise game like a net session must contribute.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Have to say it's a seriously gorgeous green oval, this Hobart. Lot of nitrates used there, I'm thinking.

Beautiful looking surface tho.