• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Sri Lanka in Australia 2012/2013

KungFu_Kallis

International 12th Man
Big call, but I think Bird won't get dropped for a good number of years now.

I think he's as close to getting another McGrath that we'll see in this generation. We'll be building our bowling attacks around him in twelve months time and Siddle may not end up being in that attack. Which will be a huge shame because I really rate Siddle and think he's an absolute gun bowler. But what do you do if you have a Bird, Starc, Siddle and Pattinson all averaging in the low 20s with the ball (Bird obviously doing the best)?

It's like the West Indies problem in the 80s. A bloody good problem to have.
I get what you're imagining, but even imagining comparing rookie attack looking gun at home vs sri lanka to windies 80's,.. mmkay

Bird will probably stay in the team... partly because he can land 6 out of 6 balls on the pitch and has had 2 solid games in a row... but mainly if he's the odd one out who doesn't get injured ;)