• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Sri Lanka in Australia 2012/2013

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
oh and cbf looking at the thread but Aus should quietly hand Mahela a drink or two. Was looking imperious before he started to prod at the first ball of the left-armer's spell, was really surprised when he nicked it tbh. Looked set for a biggie.
Imperious apart from that regulation nick to Hussey?

benchmark00

Yeah it's v v likely at this stage. Just don't actually have a ticket yet, that's all
I bought one at 10pm the night before the day last year. Pro tip is to buy the lowest price ticket then at the end of the first session move up to the Trumper stand, always seats there. Though not sure what's doing with the reduced capacity these days.

uvelocity

International Coach
I bought one at 10pm the night before the day last year. Pro tip is to buy the lowest price ticket then at the end of the first session move up to the Trumper stand, always seats there. Though not sure what's doing with the reduced capacity these days.
gonna tweet magilla this

Spark

Global Moderator
There were plenty of seats to spare up there, so I reckon it'd be fine. Wasn't quite at full capacity today itbt.

Spark

Global Moderator
Imperious apart from that regulation nick to Hussey?
Yeah, meant after lunch. Took a real liking to Siddle in particular. Even his defensive shots were flying to fieldsmen, just looked in the zone.

Lucky to even get to lunch, obvs.

Spark

Global Moderator
Was the Wade drop you guys were talking about the one which spat from about middle stump and hit him on the shoulder? I heard talk that it was an edge, didn't see HotSpot though. Was the "drop" in the first session just off the thigh too?

Don't know about the call to put them in either. Obviously the result of bowling them out in a day is "to plan" but it just looked a seriously good batting strip most of the time. I couldn't particularly tell if there was much movement from where I was sitting (unless they had the generosity to replay the ball for us) but it didn't look like much. Also reckon we were too short basically all day, esp. before lunch.

Last edited:

benchmark00

Was the Wade drop you guys were talking about the one which spat from about middle stump and hit him on the shoulder? I heard talk that it was an edge, didn't see HotSpot though. Was the "drop" in the first session just off the thigh too?

Don't know about the call to put them in either. Obviously the result of bowling them out in a day is "to plan" but it just looked a seriously good batting strip most of the time. I couldn't particularly tell if there was much movement from where I was sitting (unless they had the generosity to replay the ball for us) but it didn't look like much. Also reckon we were too short basically all day, esp. before lunch.
The one that hit him on the arm was an edge, clear hot spot.

Earlier one was off the leg, no bat, but was still a poor take.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
How many do we think Aus are making against this attack then? Gonna be a long ole day for SL tomorrow you've got to feel.

What's the official line on Ryan Harris? Due to return this month isn't he? Assuming after the BBL...

Spark

Global Moderator
Thirimanne is pretty **** hey?

One of the worst 16's ever made.
Yeah he looked rank before about drinks in the second session - well, before tea, really. And he never looked comfortable against Lyon at all, always looked a chance of getting out the way he did. Seemed to stay very legside of the ball and square on, just pushing at the ball with his hands, and Lyon seems able to extract about as much turn on a Day 1 surface as a Day 4 surface

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Tomorrow and possibly Day 3 as well.
Gun mate, enjoy.

dont think 294 justified picking 5 bowlers and bowling first either tbh. good job by sri lanka, not a big score, and quite low of course considering their bowling attack, but good to see them get something respectable.
4 bowlers and an all rounder. :)

Yeah in the morning session it was just poor keeping but not out anyway, the second was an edge from Lyon.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
How many do we think Aus are making against this attack then? Gonna be a long ole day for SL tomorrow you've got to feel.
I would like to think 6/550 but who really knows, anything under 350 keeps the game interesting.

morgieb

I'll be disappointed with anything under 450 - this pitch looks flat and Sri Lanka's bowling is absolutely horrible.

Crazy Sam

International 12th Man
Aussies will only want to bat once. I don't think they will want to face Herath late in the game on this pitch.

Top_Cat

Big call, but I think Bird won't get dropped for a good number of years now.

I think he's as close to getting another McGrath that we'll see in this generation. We'll be building our bowling attacks around him in twelve months time and Siddle may not end up being in that attack. Which will be a huge shame because I really rate Siddle and think he's an absolute gun bowler. But what do you do if you have a Bird, Starc, Siddle and Pattinson all averaging in the low 20s with the ball (Bird obviously doing the best)?

It's like the West Indies problem in the 80s. A bloody good problem to have.
Except the WI had > 1 reliable bat.