• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Sri Lanka in Australia 2012/2013

Spark

Global Moderator
Enjoyable day's cricket.

**** me that last partnership was funny.
Warner seemed particularly eager to interact with the crowd, I noticed. At one point seemed to almost be laughing at them always chanting his name. They only got the odd wave out of Hussey (who ofc got the biggest cheer of the day by a mile when he came on to bowl)

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
That's a smashing shirt Peter.

Benchy, I've been pro Starc all summer and agree with your assessment apart from obviously we rate Siddle differently. I agree that Pattinson is a special talent and Bird is looking the goods so at some point you might be right in the fact that Pattinson Bird and Starc would be a killer combination, but currently Siddle is a very important member in the XI and deserves a spot in the bowling attack ahead of everyone else.

Reckon Bird's good form may leave his Tassie teammate Hilfenhaus stranded on 99 Test wickets.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
That's a smashing shirt Peter.

Benchy, I've been pro Starc all summer and agree with your assessment apart from obviously we rate Siddle differently. I agree that Pattinson is a special talent and Bird is looking the goods so at some point you might be right in the fact that Pattinson Bird and Starc would be a killer combination, but currently Siddle is a very important member in the XI and deserves a spot in the bowling attack ahead of everyone else.

Reckon Bird's good form may leave his Tassie teammate Hilfenhaus stranded on 99 Test wickets.
I don't see how you can rate Siddle better than a fully fit Pattinson and/or Harris.

Bird maybe because he's not proven.

Crazy Sam

International 12th Man
^^ Mainly just the fact that evidence to date is that Siddle is the least likely to break down mid-test. Given the recent track record of our bowlers, that is a pretty important factor at the moment.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I don't see how you can rate Siddle better than a fully fit Pattinson and/or Harris.

Bird maybe because he's not proven.
The rate in which Pattinson and Harris get injured, they'll unlikely feature in the same Test XI again. Harris is a decent option with the rotation policy in place as you know you'd get a big effort from him for a Test match, but unlikely he'd string together two matches.

I'll go on record in saying that yes I do rate Siddle now higher than Harris for Test matches. Pattinson at full strength is awesome and is a must pick.

I'm really happy with Pattinson+Starc+Siddle with Bird waiting in the wings.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Big call, but I think Bird won't get dropped for a good number of years now.

I think he's as close to getting another McGrath that we'll see in this generation. We'll be building our bowling attacks around him in twelve months time and Siddle may not end up being in that attack. Which will be a huge shame because I really rate Siddle and think he's an absolute gun bowler. But what do you do if you have a Bird, Starc, Siddle and Pattinson all averaging in the low 20s with the ball (Bird obviously doing the best)?

It's like the West Indies problem in the 80s. A bloody good problem to have.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
fully fit pecking order

Harris
Pattinson
Bird
Siddle
Starc
Johnson
Hilf

*Cummins not considered
You're picking bowlers but you're not picking an attack though.

Having a left armed who is not erratic and can swing the ball is very good for the attack. Brings out the best in the other seam bowlers and brings the off spinner into the game.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Enjoyable day's cricket.

**** me that last partnership was funny.
Warner seemed particularly eager to interact with the crowd, I noticed. At one point seemed to almost be laughing at them always chanting his name. They only got the odd wave out of Hussey (who ofc got the biggest cheer of the day by a mile when he came on to bowl)
Good work, are you going to any other day's play?

reckon he wore it when he watched the stars at the start of the bbl
NFI what he wore that day tbh, you stalking him uv?

Well played!!
Haha, he's a headliners dream.

uvelocity

International Coach
NFI what he wore that day tbh, you stalking him uv?
nah just remembered thinking how checked shirts are in fashion again and I'd not be participating in the trend. reckon its his favourite shirt tbh, spikey pls tweet him and ask

bois harris is dead.

lets not get too excited about birdman, siddle is still very consistent

siddle
pattinson
starc

then

bird
cummins
haze

the next in lines in that order

Spark

Global Moderator
oh and cbf looking at the thread but Aus should quietly hand Mahela a drink or two. Was looking imperious before he started to prod at the first ball of the left-armer's spell, was really surprised when he nicked it tbh. Looked set for a biggie.

uvelocity

International Coach
dont think 294 justified picking 5 bowlers and bowling first either tbh. good job by sri lanka, not a big score, and quite low of course considering their bowling attack, but good to see them get something respectable.