Page 14 of 397 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464114 ... LastLast
Results 196 to 210 of 5941

Thread: ***Official*** Sri Lanka in Australia 2012/2013

  1. #196
    Global Moderator Spark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    A Blood Rainbow
    Posts
    32,434
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Mehela's last tour as captain. Announced his retirement as captain after this series.
    :face:
    + time's fickle card game ~ with you and i +


    get ready for a broken ****in' arm

  2. #197
    Request Your Custom Title Now! benchmark00's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Is this CricketWeb's greatest poster in the short history of the forum?
    Posts
    37,156
    ?
    Parmi | #1 draft pick | Jake King is **** | Big Bash League tipping champion of the universe
    Come and Paint Turtle
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Kohli. Do something in test cricket for once please.

    Thanks.

  3. #198
    Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    All Glory To The Nev
    Posts
    32,665
    it's Mahela stupid
    Indians can't bowl - Where has the rumour come from as I myself and many indian friends arwe competent fast bowlers ?

    With the English bid I said: Let us be brief. If you give back the Falkland Islands, which belong to us, you will get my vote. They then became sad and left

  4. #199
    Request Your Custom Title Now! benchmark00's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Is this CricketWeb's greatest poster in the short history of the forum?
    Posts
    37,156
    **** sake, press the wrong key and the world's up against you. When you speak as many languages as me you can expect to make an error every now and again #smokeme


  5. #200
    Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    All Glory To The Nev
    Posts
    32,665
    tastin'

  6. #201
    State Vice-Captain
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    1,173
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    **** sake, press the wrong key and the world's up against you. When you speak as many languages as me you can expect to make an error every now and again #smokeme
    I didn't know **** was considered a language now days

  7. #202
    State Vice-Captain
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    1,173
    Probably gonna regret that statement.

  8. #203
    Request Your Custom Title Now! benchmark00's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Is this CricketWeb's greatest poster in the short history of the forum?
    Posts
    37,156

  9. #204
    International Captain hendrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    6,575
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    There is literally no basis for that opinion at all.
    The basis for my opinion is pretty simple. Come in at 6 and you're either capitalising on what the earlier batsmen have set up to give a big total, or doing your best to repair the damage. The more time you have and the more batsmen at the other end at your disposal gives you a better opportunity to do both jobs anyway. It's part of the reason almost all test side bat their most accomplished batsman at 4.

    I'd much rather have the best players setting up the game rather than having to play according to the match situation.

    But sure, you're welcome to argue that a run is a run...in which case there's no point in discussing batting orders at all...

  10. #205
    Request Your Custom Title Now! benchmark00's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Is this CricketWeb's greatest poster in the short history of the forum?
    Posts
    37,156
    Quote Originally Posted by hendrix View Post
    The basis for my opinion is pretty simple. Come in at 6 and you're either capitalising on what the earlier batsmen have set up to give a big total, or doing your best to repair the damage. The more time you have and the more batsmen at the other end at your disposal gives you a better opportunity to do both jobs anyway. It's part of the reason almost all test side bat their most accomplished batsman at 4.

    I'd much rather have the best players setting up the game rather than having to play according to the match situation.

    But sure, you're welcome to argue that a run is a run...in which case there's no point in discussing batting orders at all...

    Is this a real post?

    Tell me the teams around the world, and you're more than willing to go through history, whose best batsman bats at 4.

    The role of a number six can be varied, however in an ideal situation they're there to top up after a good foundation has been established. Which Hussey does every single time, see: Brisbane, Adelaide and Sydney.

    He also needs to be able to bat with the tail. See the SCG against Pakistan.

    Also needs to be able to build a partnership when side is in turmoil, see every situation Australia has been in in the last 12 months.
    Last edited by benchmark00; 12-12-2012 at 09:11 PM.

  11. #206
    International Captain hendrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    6,575
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Is this a real post?
    Is this a real question?
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Tell me the teams around the world, and you're more than willing to go through history, whose best batsman bats at 4.
    Ponting for most of his career. Ditto Tendulkar, Kallis, Lara, Jayawardene...etc etc etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    He also needs to be able to bat with the tail. See the SCG against Pakistan.
    So he's good at batting with the tail. Cool. Is he not also a better allround batsman than Watson? Sure, batting with the tail might be a skill that a number 6 should possess(overlooking the fact that even opening batsmen have to bat with the tail occasionally), but simply being a good batsman should be the number one criteria for the number 4 batsman. And I believe that Hussey is a better batsman than Watson, and that number 4 is a more critical position than number 6. Therefore, Hussey should be at 4. Or even Clarke.

    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Also needs to be able to build a partnership when side is in turmoil, see every situation Australia has been in in the last 12 months.
    It's better to prevent turmoil than to try to recover from it.

    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    The role of a number six can be varied, however in an ideal situation they're there to top up after a good foundation has been established. Which Hussey does every single time, see: Brisbane, Adelaide and Sydney.
    Again, I think he'd be better at establishing this good foundation than Watson.
    Last edited by hendrix; 12-12-2012 at 09:29 PM.

  12. #207
    Request Your Custom Title Now! benchmark00's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Is this CricketWeb's greatest poster in the short history of the forum?
    Posts
    37,156
    Quote Originally Posted by hendrix View Post
    Ponting for most of his career. Ditto Tendulkar, Kallis, Lara, Jayawardene...etc etc etc.
    how long have you been following cricket exactly?

    I mean what the **** is this. I don't even..

  13. #208
    Cricketer Of The Year SirBloody Idiot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Moving the hole in the o-zone layer
    Posts
    8,547
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00
    Mæhela Jayawardene is my favourite player.
    itstl.

  14. #209
    International Captain hendrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    6,575
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    how long have you been following cricket exactly?

    I mean what the **** is this. I don't even..
    Whatever, man. Continue with the "is this for real" and "i don't even"s, don't bother to address the actual point.

    Ponting is a perfect example anyway. Started at 6 and as he became one of the side's better players he moved down to occupy 3 and 4.

    Or would you say that he too should have stayed at 6?

  15. #210
    Request Your Custom Title Now! benchmark00's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Is this CricketWeb's greatest poster in the short history of the forum?
    Posts
    37,156
    I'm incredulous because you have no idea what you're on about. Ponting played well over 100 matches in the number three position, because that was the best fit for him and the team.

    Jayawardene isn't even the best batsman in his team. Amla bats at 3 for South Africa.

    FMD man, you literally are talking complete ****.



Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Wisden's Cricketers of the Century
    By Ford_GTHO351 in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 1032
    Last Post: 17-10-2010, 10:26 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •