• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Sri Lanka in Australia 2012/2013

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
1 and 2 are settled, IMO. 3 and 4 are the issues.
True. I guess Watson is going to bat in one of those spots when he's fit, and it seems like he'll be at 4.

Will be watching with great interest the way Hughes goes about this series.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I can't comprehend the theory that Clarke and Hussey need to move up the order.
I can. Hell, if I wasn't so shook over Hussey's failings in 09 and Clarke's in 10-11 I might even support it. But I just want them in form and so am hesitant to do anything that might shake it

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
For mine it's all about who else we want to pick in the side. I'd be okay with Clarke and/or Hussey moving into the top four (even though I don't think it's desirable as such) if we all decided Bailey, Maxwell, Lynn or someone like that more suited to batting 5/6 themselves were amongst our best six batsmen. All the serious contenders for the other four spots are much more suited to batting in the top four than at five or six though.. Cosgrove aside, all the batsmen people want to see picked (Cowan, Warner, Hughes, Watson, Khawaja) are either natural openers or have had more success opening than batting elsewhere, and even Cosgrove himself is opening this season.

When we've got a choice between batting four players out of position or none, then what the **** are we arguing about?

cnerd123

likes this
Yea, it is theoretically said that the best batsmen bats at 4, but you have to balance that with the position the player in question is more comfortable with and more suited to.

The best young batsmen in Aus happen to be top-order batsmen, not middle order ones, so it does make sense to let them ease in into the top-order which currently has vacancies, rather than disturb the established middle order.

I do believe 3, 4 and 6 are all key batting positions in their own way. It could be argued that number 5 is the easiest position to bat in in the Top 7. But if you're number 5 is scoring double hundreds for fun, then let him be.

SFB

Cricket Spectator
Disappointed SL didn't bring A. Mendis in for tests. I reckon him and Herath would have done well in Oz.

Spark

Global Moderator
I too am disappointed SL didn't bring Mendis in, but I think our bats should do well regardless of his absence

TumTum

Banned
Disappointed SL didn't bring A. Mendis in for tests. I reckon him and Herath would have done well in Oz.
I may be wrong but I thought we did really well against doosra bowlers or bowlers with variations at home. They try too much and get punished.

Accurate consistent bowlers like Herath have done well here though...