• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Sri Lanka in Australia 2012/2013

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
definitely sounded like referring to Mitch in the context.
Nah it really didn't. Ian Healy was going on about how Johnson was slow to get back to his mark and he needs to rip in, and Bill goes, your're a hard man... Then Nicholas said 'he is a hard man!'

Not sure how you could misinterpret that.

benchmark00

That's a good point actually, Sri Lanka has a bloke with a broken thumb and a bloke with a torn hammy still to bat. Ouch.

ajdude

International Coach
I hate how Taylor seems to think that every ball that moves, regardless of how it moves, has swung

Burgey

Agree, still scratching my head over Sri Lanka getting the boxing test and South Africa getting the budget less glamorous November slot. Go figure......
SA wanted their side playing at home over the Christmas-NY period, as I understand it.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
I've been watching cricket since the 70s and it isn't the leg glance that's become rare, it's the cut shot. Especially the late cut.
I probably shouldn't have generalised from Abbas to his contemporaries. I just saw photos and read about his leg glance skills in particular. Out of interest found this quote just now by some random

I once saw Zaheer Abbas leg glance a ball for six. Memory is obviously hazy, but I think it was the first ball of a day's play in a test match. Wasn't a horrible delivery, just a bit wide. Six. Thanks for coming. It was completely effortless.
I don't recall there being more leg glances in the 80s either FWIW.

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
Nah it really didn't. Ian Healy was going on about how Johnson was slow to get back to his mark and he needs to rip in, and Bill goes, your're a hard man... Then Nicholas said 'he is a hard man!'

Not sure how you could misinterpret that.
Must have misheard something, don't have your sensitive monkey ears.