Page 105 of 397 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107115155205 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,575 of 5941

Thread: ***Official*** Sri Lanka in Australia 2012/2013

Top **** was clearly driven to cricket and made his poor cousin field for him while he sat in the shade and ate cake
    "He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts.. . For support rather than illumination. " - Andrew Lang (1844-1912)

Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Midwinter View Post
    let's not forget that under this philosophy they will be resting the bowlers during the Ashes series as well.
    worked with MJ during the 2010-11 Ashes tbf
    Indians can't bowl - Where has the rumour come from as I myself and many indian friends arwe competent fast bowlers ?

With the English bid I said: Let us be brief. If you give back the Falkland Islands, which belong to us, you will get my vote. They then became sad and left

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Correct.

Best Christmas present is news that Patto is back for the Odis against the little Sri Lankans.
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie
    "People make me happy.. not places.. people"

"When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life." - Samuel Johnson

"Hope is the fuel of progress and fear is the prison in which you put yourself" - Tony Benn

Patto's a rubbish LO bowler though
    + time's fickle card game ~ with you and i +

get ready for a broken ****in' arm

International Coach
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    They need to shed more light on exactly how they determine the likelihood of an injury occurring. I mean I probably won't understand any of it, but at least it would help people trust the science behind these decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Surely you can't be suggesting they don't rotate players through ODI series? Literally been doing that for 10 or so years.
    I don't give two turtle doves about ODI Cricket and its rotation. It shouldn't happen in Tests.

Hall of Fame Member chaminda_00's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by uvelocity View Post
    Chamimda00 is right if he is talking about teenagers when he says young. Few years ago rules came in about how many in a row and how many in a day. Nanny state cotton wool stuff from the cradle to the grave. Also with burgey on wanting more details. Boonchmark is just blindly trusting here, lapping it up like a pussy does milk
    Yeah I'm talking about the restrictions on young fast bowlers during their teen years, were they have limited spells and max overs per day. Regardless whether they are playing in National U19s championships or just the local park cricket.

It has created a how bunch of young fast bowlers who break down as soon as they hit the 20s. As they are expected to bowl 20 plus overs in day, after only 10 overs a day in their teens and having no bowling fitness.

You look around domestic cricket and there is barely any fast bowlers in their mid to late 20s pushing for state spots. That is mainly because so many fast bowlers break down in their early 20s. Once they are expected to actually bowl long spells, after barely bowling at all in their teens.

I agree you shouldn't have quick bowling 20 overs in a row in their teens. But they should be bowling enough where they are getting bowling fit, especially in high intensive youth games like U17 and U19 championships. So once they hit the 20s and in theory the bodies should be able to bowl at full pace and handle a multiple days of cricket. They are actually bowling fit enough to handle Test, FC cricket or grade cricket. Right now there is lots of young fast bowlers that can't even handle grade cricket for a full season.
    The man, the mountain, the Mathews. The greatest all rounder since Keith Miller. (Y)

Jaffna Jets CC (Battrick & FTP)

RIP WCC and CW Cricket

Member of the MSC, JMAS and CVAAS

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Top_Cat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chaminda_00 View Post
    I agree you shouldn't have quick bowling 20 overs in a row in their teens. But they should be bowling enough where they are getting bowling fit, especially in high intensive youth games like U17 and U19 championships. So once they hit the 20s and in theory the bodies should be able to bowl at full pace and handle a multiple days of cricket. They are actually bowling fit enough to handle Test, FC cricket or grade cricket. Right now there is lots of young fast bowlers that can't even handle grade cricket for a full season.
    Problem is that's never been remotely true and is even less true in the compressed schedules cricketers play in. Every quick since the history of ever has the most random assortment of injuries until they hit their mid 20's or so. The management of quicks today is all about making sure they're not hacks before their bodies settle down. Bruce Reid may well have not been an inevitability.
    The Colourphonics

Bandcamp
    Twitderp

International Vice-Captain Noble One's Avatar
    Anyone else had enough of talking about Australian selection policy?

Sri Lanka to play the same lineup? Welegedara, Kulasekara, Eranga, Herath with Matthews and Dilshan in support is quite frankly a terrible bowling line-up. Excusing all bias, I want Australia to score heavy against this lineup. Never a better chance for our fringe players like Cowan and Hughes to lock themselves in until the next Ashes.

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    Fmd in under 11s I bowled 26 straight. 6-24.
    4 ball overs though back then though.
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

International Debutant Viscount Tom's Avatar
    Like Cricket was around when Burgey could do anything in the under 11s group.
    AT-XI
    #J.Hobbs; #L.Hutton; #D.Bradman; #V.Richards; #G.Sobers; #A.Border; #A.Gilchrist; #K.Miller; #I.Khan; #S.Warne; #M.Marshall;

Compliments of the season, gentlemen

Happy to report that the weather is set fair
    - Winner of the 2011 and 2012 CricketWeb AFL tipping competition

- Winner of the 2011, 2012 and 2013 CricketWeb NRL tipping competition

Quote Originally Posted by Noble One View Post
    Anyone else had enough of talking about Australian selection policy?

Sri Lanka to play the same lineup? Welegedara, Kulasekara, Eranga, Herath with Matthews and Dilshan in support is quite frankly a terrible bowling line-up.
    There is noone else though.

A bit of turn for Herath and a bit of swing for Kulasekara and it'll look significantly better.

Still a pretty poor lineup.

Quote Originally Posted by Spikey View Post
    but seriously people complaining about the rotation system, what's your idea? are you like brett lee who goes on and on about 'cotton wool' but doesn't really offer any ideas about how to prevent injures aside how they train in the gym which he goes on and on about? or do you agree with dirk nannes in saying fast bowlers should just not bother until they're 24? it seems to me CA is attempting something akin to a sane solution but playing them when they're fit, and resting them when history tells them something bad could be about to happen. that to me is a lot better than not doing anything at all and saying "didn't see that coming!" when they get injured, or not letting them do anything at all.
    What's cutting edge is managing guys so they're available to play every Test (like SA with Steyn, like England with Anderson)

I just think that Invers and Pat Howard think they're being cutting edge by trying to anticipate when guys will get injured

As evidenced by Hilf getting injured straight after a rest, and Watto the same at Allan Border field, sports science has its place, but should never of itself be determining team lineups

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by marc71178 View Post
    4 ball overs though back then though.
    Eight ball, actually.

Thread Information