Cricket Player Manager
Page 102 of 397 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112152202 ... LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 5941

Thread: ***Official*** Sri Lanka in Australia 2012/2013

  1. #1516
    Hall of Fame Member NUFAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Marrickville
    Posts
    18,491
    Trent Copeland was a poor mans Jackson Bird.

    Spikey, to answer your question, I think the leader of the attack Siddle will open with Bird, but Watson will be on very early - he did just get Dilshan out first ball that he bowled last innings, so its a good option. No odds, but it would be short.

  2. #1517
    Request Your Custom Title Now! benchmark00's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Is this CricketWeb's greatest poster in the short history of the forum?
    Posts
    37,157
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    I can't believe you're content to run with a methodology which you admit isn't proven but you're happy to doubt climate science.

    /trollface
    All I'm saying is that if global warming is true, how come it rained yesterday and it's Summer?
    Parmi | #1 draft pick | Jake King is **** | Big Bash League tipping champion of the universe
    Come and Paint Turtle
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Kohli. Do something in test cricket for once please.

    Thanks.

  3. #1518
    Request Your Custom Title Now! benchmark00's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Is this CricketWeb's greatest poster in the short history of the forum?
    Posts
    37,157
    Quote Originally Posted by chaminda_00 View Post
    Is it really working though.

    Resting fast bowlers is nothing new. It has been happening in ODIs and domestic cricket for 10-15 years now. It just now it has hit Test cricket, due the high number of Tests matches played continually increasing.

    The management of young fast bowlers workloads have been going on for the same period, where young fast bowlers are restricted to limited number of overs and spell while they are young.

    I get the whole science behind it and theories. But the are bowlers careers lasting more then 8-12 seasons at the top level. Are bowlers not still getting injured after their 24/25 with stress injuries.

    Your a long time injured and a short time fit as fast bowlers. Players need to play when they are fit and need to develop their bowling bodies. Not just gym bodies because all they do is spend time in gym not the cricket pitch.

    Yes Starc could get injured next Test, he could also get injured in Sydney or the ODI series. But he is fit now.

    Resting Pattinson during the domestic OD competition for Victoria didn't stop him from getting injured during the Test series.

    These young fast bowlers will never be match fit to last a long season or just one Test series, because they never bowl enough when they are young or when they are actually fit to bowl.
    Yeah let's bowl these guys until they break down despite having evidence showing when they will break down, just so we can get one more game out of them, makes sense.

  4. #1519
    Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    All Glory To The Nev
    Posts
    33,902
    Quote Originally Posted by NUFAN View Post
    Trent Copeland was a poor mans Jackson Bird.

    Spikey, to answer your question, I think the leader of the attack Siddle will open with Bird, but Watson will be on very early - he did just get Dilshan out first ball that he bowled last innings, so its a good option. No odds, but it would be short.
    leader of the attack likes old balls iirc
    Last edited by Spikey; 24-12-2012 at 07:04 AM.
    Indians can't bowl - Where has the rumour come from as I myself and many indian friends arwe competent fast bowlers ?

    With the English bid I said: Let us be brief. If you give back the Falkland Islands, which belong to us, you will get my vote. They then became sad and left


  5. #1520
    Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    The Castle
    Posts
    42,368
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    All I'm saying is that if global warming is true, how come it rained yesterday and it's Summer?
    I know. Rained again tonight too. JuLIAR.
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie
    "People make me happy.. not places.. people"
    "When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life." - Samuel Johnson

    "Hope is the fuel of progress and fear is the prison in which you put yourself" - Tony Benn

    #408. Sixty three not out forever.

  6. #1521
    Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    All Glory To The Nev
    Posts
    33,902
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Yeah let's bowl these guys until they break down despite having evidence showing when they will break down, just so we can get one more game out of them, makes sense.
    comrade, it seems to me these capitalists freaks just don't get it. you need regulation.

  7. #1522
    Request Your Custom Title Now! benchmark00's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Is this CricketWeb's greatest poster in the short history of the forum?
    Posts
    37,157
    Quote Originally Posted by NUFAN View Post
    Trent Copeland was a poor mans Jackson Bird.

    Spikey, to answer your question, I think the leader of the attack Siddle will open with Bird, but Watson will be on very early - he did just get Dilshan out first ball that he bowled last innings, so its a good option. No odds, but it would be short.
    Already been confirmed Jaxon will take the new ball ftr.

    The leader of the attack, Mitchell Johnson, will probably share it.

  8. #1523
    Request Your Custom Title Now! benchmark00's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Is this CricketWeb's greatest poster in the short history of the forum?
    Posts
    37,157
    I would like to know what Howard's spies say about this:

    over the past year, Cowan and Warner have been the most successful opening duo in Tests. During that time, they have put on 850 runs together at an average of 44.73 per partnership, well ahead of the other four combinations with at least ten stands: Alastair Cook and Andrew Strauss, Graeme Smith and Alviro Petersen, Gautam Gambhir and Virender Sehwag, and Mohammad Hafeez and Taufeeq Umar.
    Australia v Sri Lanka, 2nd Test, Melbourne : Cowan, Warner indicate their worth | Cricket Features | Australia v Sri Lanka | ESPN Cricinfo

  9. #1524
    Hall of Fame Member chaminda_00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Murali CG
    Posts
    16,305
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Yeah let's bowl these guys until they break down despite having evidence showing when they will break down, just so we can get one more game out of them, makes sense.
    The point was more that young fast bowlers don't have enough overs in bank when they hit 24/25 to stay injury free. Because they are rest and restricted too much when they are young to maximise their ability when they are at full fitness level as fast bowlers when they are older.

    The fact is that fast bowlers are still continually getting injured when they are past the 24/25 point. When they should be more injury free, if the resting and restriction worked.
    The man, the mountain, the Mathews. The greatest all rounder since Keith Miller. (Y)

    Jaffna Jets CC (Battrick & FTP)

    RIP WCC and CW Cricket

    Member of the MSC, JMAS and CVAAS

  10. #1525
    Hall of Fame Member NUFAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Marrickville
    Posts
    18,491
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikey View Post
    if nufan doesn't answer soon my xmas will be ruined
    Nufan saves Christmas


  11. #1526
    Request Your Custom Title Now! benchmark00's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Is this CricketWeb's greatest poster in the short history of the forum?
    Posts
    37,157
    Quote Originally Posted by chaminda_00 View Post
    The point was more that young fast bowlers don't have enough overs in bank when they hit 24/25 to stay injury free. Because they are rest and restricted too much when they are young to maximise their ability when they are at full fitness level as fast bowlers when they are older.

    The fact is that fast bowlers are still continually getting injured when they are past the 24/25 point. When they should be more injury free, if the resting and restriction worked.
    That's not how it works though, that's just a misconception.

    Which fast bowlers over 25 have suffered stress injuries after being managed up until 25?

    If this was a discussion on climate change and you were rubbishing the science because that's just what you think, people would be up in arms.

  12. #1527
    Hall of Fame Member chaminda_00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Murali CG
    Posts
    16,305
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    That's not how it works though, that's just a misconception.

    Which fast bowlers over 25 have suffered stress injuries after being managed up until 25?

    If this was a discussion on climate change and you were rubbishing the science because that's just what you think, people would be up in arms.
    For Australia; Shaun Tait, Mitchell Johnson, Brett Lee and Shane Watson come to mind.

  13. #1528
    Request Your Custom Title Now! benchmark00's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Is this CricketWeb's greatest poster in the short history of the forum?
    Posts
    37,157
    Quote Originally Posted by chaminda_00 View Post
    For Australia; Shaun Tait, Mitchell Johnson, Brett Lee and Shane Watson come to mind.
    Talk me through these injuries?

  14. #1529
    Hall of Fame Member NUFAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Marrickville
    Posts
    18,491
    There are times and places where resting someone seems like a reasonable option, this situation is not one of them. Its almost as though the selectors are making these decisions solely to give Mitchell Johnson further opportunities in the Australian team.

    I just think that the momentum was completely with Starc and his performance late on day 5 meant that he demanded a place in the XI for the next Test, simple as really.

  15. #1530
    Request Your Custom Title Now! benchmark00's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Is this CricketWeb's greatest poster in the short history of the forum?
    Posts
    37,157
    Quote Originally Posted by NUFAN View Post
    There are times and places where resting someone seems like a reasonable option, this situation is not one of them. Its almost as though the selectors are making these decisions solely to give Mitchell Johnson further opportunities in the Australian team.

    I just think that the momentum was completely with Starc and his performance late on day 5 meant that he demanded a place in the XI for the next Test, simple as really.
    N00fan... if you were given advice that Starc had a significant chance of sustaining an injury which would lead to him having a 3-6 month lay off, or have the alternative, sit out the game and resume in Sydney risk free. What would you choose?



Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Wisden's Cricketers of the Century
    By Ford_GTHO351 in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 1032
    Last Post: 17-10-2010, 11:26 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •