• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Ponting Tribute Thread

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
What a ****ing champion Ponting is.

In terms of the modern greats, Lara was stunning when he got going, but Ponting was right up there.

I don't want to live in this world any more.

Flem274*

123/5
Nooo one of the last remaining guns from my childhood.

Such a beast in his heyday. One of my favourite batsmen to watch (when he wasn't playing my team:ph34r:).

BackFootPunch

International 12th Man
Sad to see him go. Didn't truly appreciate him until it was too late but glad to say I was around for one of the great careers. Everything an Australian Test batsman/cricketer should be.

Mike5181

International Captain
The last, and in some ways the greatest, of my childhood heroes. Gutted.
Pretty much this. I actually hated the guy when I was a kid, but after most of my favourite childhood cricketers retired (Astle, Cairns, Fleming, Martyn, Hadyn, Gilchrist, Warne etc), I took a massive liking for the guy. Definitely my favourite player in the last 5-6 years. It's a shame he went out in a bad way, but he still had an amazing career. I'd rate him the third best batsman I've seen behind Tendulkar and Lara, and being the Australian captain of such a dominant team he really was the face of my favourite cricketing period.

Andre

International Regular
This is the day where I officially become old. He's the last one left from my childhood