• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Ponting Tribute Thread

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The funny thing about Ponting for me is that I don't really remember his piles and piles of runs in terms of centuries or double centuries, but in terms of some of the most incredibly sharp shots I have ever seen. When I think back, I remember those sublime, enviable, inevitable pulls; those cracking cuts and mid-wicket drives. I always liked his on-side drives more than the off-side ones. Then I remember the class of those shots - how they were not just attacking shots like those of say, Sehwag, but the technical composition in terms of crispness, sharpness and balance to those shots. Perhaps a major reason for this is that his centuries never mattered to me in the first place, but I remember all the shots he played, all the marvelous shots which made me wish that India were not playing against him, and which almost made me wish killing him when he displayed some less perfect behavior in other cricketing activities on-field.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
Yep, that Sidebottom six was just insane. Just looked like it was a short-arm punch for a all along the floor boundary.