• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

King Of Spain New England ODI and T20 Coach

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
How is it harsh on Bopara?

83 ODI's no tons an average of 30 and a strike rate of 75. In T20's he has a SR of under 100. Guy is a fraud and has somehow won 118 international caps over the three formats and he clearly is not up to it. Or do you think he should get another 118 chances till we finally find out he isn't up to it.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
They clearly thought he was one of the best ODI players in the country this time last year, which is why they selected him. Since then he's had a good ODI tour of the UAE and a really good series against Australia.

If they thought he was good enough last year, he's not really done anything to prove otherwise IMO.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Did you not see him against SA then?

Also pulling out of a game didn't help his cause if you ask me. I hope he is never selected again, not good enough, his record shows that. One time Scaly will agree with absolutely everything I say.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
I didn't see the ODI's against SA actually :p

I'm not saying he should be selected because he's a great cricketer. I just think it's harsh of the selectors to drop him and remove him from their plans after one poor series.

I would be happy enough if they were replacing him with a young player like Butler or Stokes, but they aren't. Also, it's not like KP was tearing it up for a long time before he retired in May. Before his two 100's in the UAE, his record since 2008 was atrocious.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Pleased for Gilo; all round good egg, tbf. Obviously made a very decent fist of the Warwicks gig (which one assumes he'll be giving up?).

Squads pretty uninspiring, tbh. Wasn't expecting a swathe of new faces, but all a bit meh.

Will Ash continue as selector, btw? Slight danger of him wearing too many hats, IMHO.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
I know the Spanish are having a golden period in Sports, but isn't this stretching it too far ?

tooextracool

International Coach
Guess Samit is a certainty for every game in the ODI series then given the lack of depth in all rounders that can bat in the top 7.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Pleased for Gilo; all round good egg, tbf. Obviously made a very decent fist of the Warwicks gig (which one assumes he'll be giving up?).

Squads pretty uninspiring, tbh. Wasn't expecting a swathe of new faces, but all a bit meh.

Will Ash continue as selector, btw? Slight danger of him wearing too many hats, IMHO.
I'm not so sure about giving up the Warwickshire role. Is looking after the English one-day sides really a full-time position?