• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Kartik is Australia Bound

masterblaster

International Captain
Kartik is Australia Bound

My Article for Cricketweb

In what is sure to make the Indian tour of Australia even more interesting, standout left arm spinner Murali Kartik has been flown to Australia to join the Indian touring party.

Kartik who has been the outstanding spinner amongst Indian Domestic Circles for a few years now will get an opportunity to be selected against the mighty Australian side in Adelaide.

The move comes as a welcome one for Indian fans and cricket fans in general, as Kartik had been more useful and more penetrating than Harbhajan in the recent TVS Cup.

Australia have had their fair share of problems against left arm spinners in recent times. Daniel Vettori troubled the Australian's in their own back yard during the 2001 season, and more recently Zimbabwean left arm spinner Raymond Price had the Australian batsman in a spin as well.

It will be interesting to see if firstly, Murali Kartik gets selected ahead of Kumble and Harbhajan and then if he has the same success that Daniel Vettori and Raymond Price had against the mighty Australian side.

The second test starts on Friday the 12th of December from 11:00 am EDST (Sydney, Melbourne).

Craig

World Traveller
What timing!

I had posted a similar article like that just after you posted your article.

Clearly you and I were doing the same thing.

BTW Sangrath what is your MSN?

CDAK

U19 Debutant
Krarthik is coming? may be good for him, but not necessarily for India. He has been there in and out of the team for a while. But for me, he is an averge player only( with average temperment & talent)...not atall a match winner . He lacks the charismatic enthusiasm of Maninder singh,Harbhajan accuracy of Shastri and Kumble,less clever than Sachin.He may be able to take 3-4 wicket only if the wicket is spin-assisting. He's more or less similar to Venkat'Raju(former Indian spinner).
He is not going to make any impact on the Aussie top order( forget TVS cup; that was a fluke).

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Linda said:
Why, are they shipping all the team out after one bad day?!:wow: :lol:
Well, I understand that owing to the lack of penetration in the Aussie attack, they are planning on recalling Lillee and Thomson (although David Hookes reckons that he's due a game)

mavric41

State Vice-Captain
luckyeddie said:
Well, I understand that owing to the lack of penetration in the Aussie attack, they are planning on recalling Lillee and Thomson
And the Indian team has bought extra helmets and padding just in case. They would still be the fastest bowlers on either side if they played.

Salamuddin

International Debutant
Seriously this is a very positive move --- ask any one associated with Indian cricket and they will tell you Murali Karthik has been the best spin bowler in Indian cricket for some time now.

Its crazy how they only pick him now --- still, better late than never.

It will be very interesting to see if he plays at Adelaide though.

The sooner India fast track Ramesh Powar into the national team,
the better it will be for the national team as well.

mavric41

State Vice-Captain
Whatever happened to Vinood Kambli? Why doesn't he get picked for India anymore? I just had a look at his record and its amazing. Avg of 54 in tests and almost 61 in FC cricket. He is only 30. You would think a player like this would warrent another go.

amits

Banned
finally the selectors have some sense. another thing i want is ratra to be picked and parthiv dropped.

kartik will just destroy aus in 10 balls with his left-arm spin.

Craig

World Traveller
mavric41 said:
Whatever happened to Vinood Kambli? Why doesn't he get picked for India anymore? I just had a look at his record and its amazing. Avg of 54 in tests and almost 61 in FC cricket. He is only 30. You would think a player like this would warrent another go.
Sriram deserves a shot he averages 60 in FC cricket, but a whole heap of batsmen in India average over 50.

iamdavid

International Debutant
amits said:
finally the selectors have some sense. another thing i want is ratra to be picked and parthiv dropped.

kartik will just destroy aus in 10 balls with his left-arm spin.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

[Amits mode] this is not so , we have Brad Williams who is for sure the best bowler ever , and Simon Katich who is a better spinner than Shane Warne , and Steve Waugh who is better than Don Bradman (debate closed) and.................(voice trails off into distance)[/Amits mode]

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
mavric41 said:
Combination of attitude and being a flat track bully, I think.

CDAK

U19 Debutant
mavric41 said:
kambli had been given enough chances(..but not upto the extend, AA got) and was thoruoghly disappointing due to lack of consistency. He is the poorest player of fast bowling in the Indian team. Rohan Gavaskar is performing much better than him now.
But if Sachin becomes the captain again, then Kambli will get chances again(they are bossom-pals).

amits

Banned
CDAK said:

But if Sachin becomes the captain again, then Kambli will get chances again(they are bossom-pals).
hopefully.

kambli was a very good player and a consistent performer. it is shocking how the indian selectors have unfairly treated him. he last played in 2000 in the icc knockout in kenya.

he has the 2nd highest avg in tests for india and did well in sa as well in their domestic cricket. he should be given a 2nd chance but 1st let him play for teams like india "a"