Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: *Official* Pak In NZ Thread

Tim
    Well that was probably the best innings i've seen Fleming play. Some sensational shots in that innings, a good batting masterclass..just a shame nobody else was really able to hang in there with him.

State 12th Man
    Quite Right Mr. M. It's a pity that the middle-order failings will take the gloss off Fleming's innings. Considering he said just 8 days ago that he couldn't pull or cover drive yet, the word 'heroic' wouldn't be out of place. Just as well he didn't take journalist Jonathan Millmow's advice and have surgery in an attempt to be fit for the oh-so-meaningful 11 ODIs coming up.

Originally posted by Tim
    Well that was probably the best innings i've seen Fleming play. Some sensational shots in that innings, a good batting masterclass..just a shame nobody else was really able to hang in there with him.
    It was a chanceless knock. I still maintain th belief that Fleming's 100 against South Africa at The Wanders is the best innings in either form of the game. He was in the 'zone' almost.

Richardson had himself to blame. Perhaps he thought he had Lou Vincents fast muscle fibres in his legs I dont know.

I really like Westpac Trust stadium, it looks nice and it is nothing more then a glorified club ground though. It allows the kids to play cricket on the hills (if they are allowed to bring cricket equipment into the ground to play on the hill) and it allows people to stretch out and sit were they choose unlike the concrete jungles of today's stadiums.
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity. Lick once and you suck forever...

RIP Fardin Qayyumi, a true legend of CW

Quote Originally Posted by Boobidy View Post
    Bradman never had to face quicks like Sharma and Irfan Pathan. He wouldn't of lasted a ball against those 2, not to mention a spinner like Sehwag.

Chopper Challenge Champion! Roulette Champion!
    great stuff Fleming. I'm really happy he's realising his potential as the world class batsmen he is. I've found that he has the ability to go on. Where as plenty of bats alwasy get out straight after scoring a ton, he on most occasions goes and score 120+.
    "Matt Damon"

Request Your Custom Title Now! Mr Mxyzptlk's Avatar
    Originally posted by Craig
    It was a chanceless knock. I still maintain th belief that Fleming's 100 against South Africa at The Wanders is the best innings in either form of the game. He was in the 'zone' almost.
    However, Fleming's innings v SA was not chanceless.
    Sreesanth said, "Next ball he was beaten and I said, 'is this the King Charles Lara? Who is this impostor, moving around nervously? I should have kept my mouth shut for the next ball - mind you, it was a length ball - Lara just pulled it over the church beyond the boundary! He is a true legend."

Thank you captain obvious. Dont you think I might have seen that innings?

If you saw it was actually a pretty breath taking knock in Jo'burg. 'In the zone' might have been a slight extragation but it was still the best innings I had seen him play.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Mr Mxyzptlk's Avatar
    Originally posted by Craig
    Thank you captain obvious. Dont you think I might have seen that innings?

If you saw it was actually a pretty breath taking knock in Jo'burg. 'In the zone' might have been a slight extragation but it was still the best innings I had seen him play.
    Is there a reason why I can't make a comment which was not directed at you per se? Or do I have to address my comments from now on? Not everyone would have seen the innings and therefore it is not obvious to everyone.

Tim
    Yeah he got dropped by Boucher on 60 didn't he? but apart from that, it was a brilliant innings under that much pressure.

I mean...World Cup Match v South Africa at the Wanderers chasing over 300 to win.

State 12th Man
    Predictions for 2006...

Vettori's batting average overtakes his bowling average?!

Originally posted by Mr Mxyzptlk
    Is there a reason why I can't make a comment which was not directed at you per se? Or do I have to address my comments from now on? Not everyone would have seen the innings and therefore it is not obvious to everyone.
    I was actually making a statement on what I felt is his good innings I have seen him play. Not directed at you or anybody.

NZ 428/7 Fleming and Vettori on fire?

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Well more than half of the predictors had Shoaib down to be top bowler, and he isn't even playing!
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

State Regular
    Eventually the Pak bowling attack was taken to the cleaners:P (NZ scored 563 and even Vettori scrored a ton).

And with Pak opening batters gone, i can easily see where this test would head towards.
    ------------------------------------

Vettori is an ALLROUNDER. :P

Tim
    If Pakistan bat sensibly then this game will not have a result.
    The pitch still looks good for batting on...its such a different extreme from the pitch we saw in December last year against India.

Tim
    I think NZ have one of the best lower orders in world cricket, if not the best. Even Ian Butler at 11 came out & played a glorious cover drive.
    Vettori's innings almost made me forget about Flemings...but that innings from Fleming was unbelievable.

Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread Information