• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pak In NZ Thread

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Well that was probably the best innings i've seen Fleming play. Some sensational shots in that innings, a good batting masterclass..just a shame nobody else was really able to hang in there with him.

Kent

State 12th Man
Quite Right Mr. M. It's a pity that the middle-order failings will take the gloss off Fleming's innings. Considering he said just 8 days ago that he couldn't pull or cover drive yet, the word 'heroic' wouldn't be out of place. Just as well he didn't take journalist Jonathan Millmow's advice and have surgery in an attempt to be fit for the oh-so-meaningful 11 ODIs coming up.

Craig

World Traveller
Tim said:
Well that was probably the best innings i've seen Fleming play. Some sensational shots in that innings, a good batting masterclass..just a shame nobody else was really able to hang in there with him.
It was a chanceless knock. I still maintain th belief that Fleming's 100 against South Africa at The Wanders is the best innings in either form of the game. He was in the 'zone' almost.

Richardson had himself to blame. Perhaps he thought he had Lou Vincents fast muscle fibres in his legs I dont know.

I really like Westpac Trust stadium, it looks nice and it is nothing more then a glorified club ground though. It allows the kids to play cricket on the hills (if they are allowed to bring cricket equipment into the ground to play on the hill) and it allows people to stretch out and sit were they choose unlike the concrete jungles of today's stadiums.

nibbs

International Captain
great stuff Fleming. I'm really happy he's realising his potential as the world class batsmen he is. I've found that he has the ability to go on. Where as plenty of bats alwasy get out straight after scoring a ton, he on most occasions goes and score 120+.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Craig said:
It was a chanceless knock. I still maintain th belief that Fleming's 100 against South Africa at The Wanders is the best innings in either form of the game. He was in the 'zone' almost.
However, Fleming's innings v SA was not chanceless.

Craig

World Traveller
Thank you captain obvious. Dont you think I might have seen that innings?

If you saw it was actually a pretty breath taking knock in Jo'burg. 'In the zone' might have been a slight extragation but it was still the best innings I had seen him play.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Craig said:
Thank you captain obvious. Dont you think I might have seen that innings?

If you saw it was actually a pretty breath taking knock in Jo'burg. 'In the zone' might have been a slight extragation but it was still the best innings I had seen him play.
Is there a reason why I can't make a comment which was not directed at you per se? Or do I have to address my comments from now on? Not everyone would have seen the innings and therefore it is not obvious to everyone.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah he got dropped by Boucher on 60 didn't he? but apart from that, it was a brilliant innings under that much pressure.

I mean...World Cup Match v South Africa at the Wanderers chasing over 300 to win.

Craig

World Traveller
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Is there a reason why I can't make a comment which was not directed at you per se? Or do I have to address my comments from now on? Not everyone would have seen the innings and therefore it is not obvious to everyone.
I was actually making a statement on what I felt is his good innings I have seen him play. Not directed at you or anybody.

NZ 428/7 Fleming and Vettori on fire?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Well more than half of the predictors had Shoaib down to be top bowler, and he isn't even playing! :lol:

Choora

State Regular
Eventually the Pak bowling attack was taken to the cleaners:P (NZ scored 563 and even Vettori scrored a ton).

And with Pak opening batters gone, i can easily see where this test would head towards.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
If Pakistan bat sensibly then this game will not have a result.
The pitch still looks good for batting on...its such a different extreme from the pitch we saw in December last year against India.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
I think NZ have one of the best lower orders in world cricket, if not the best. Even Ian Butler at 11 came out & played a glorious cover drive.
Vettori's innings almost made me forget about Flemings...but that innings from Fleming was unbelievable.

THE MINGSTER

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Tim said:
If Pakistan bat sensibly then this game will not have a result.
The pitch still looks good for batting on...its such a different extreme from the pitch we saw in December last year against India.
There is still 9 more sessions left. And that equals to 180 overs. It's silly to say a result is out of reach already.

Pakistan have a long tail with Moin Khan at 7, who got 0 and 1 against Auckland. Razzag at 6 isn't that convincing either.

The pitch is taking turn and by the end of the 2nd day it has already looked like a Day 4 pitch. Vettori will have a huge workload tomorow.

Yep, we had the best lower order in the world a few years ago with Nash and Vettori at 9,10...but that doesn't make a Champion side though!

If the batsmen do their work and the bowlers as well, all is good!

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
I never said a result was totally out of the equation.
If Pakistan don't throw their wickets away then chances are we'll go to Wellington 0-0.

However a couple of quick wickets this morning would really put Pakistan under some pressure.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
205-3 at lunch - 1 more good session for Pakistan and I think a draw is likely, but 2 or 3 quick wickets and it's a different ball game...