• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Clarke -401* tomorrow. You read it here first

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Lara to tweet congratulations around 4pm AEST tomorrow.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
I'd ghamble on it.

What odds would you give me?
He needs someone else to hold up an end for him. And he has the keeper and the bowlers so that is one thing against him.

Also he will have an awkward first 30 minutes to his inning where he is trying to get his eye in again.

I would give you 4-1. If they had more wickets in hand I would give you 2-1.

Red

This Australian unit is really hitting its gears under Clarke's leadership. A few guys have probably locked spots/shown what they've got already in this SA series. Hussey looks like he could play for another year or two. And the openers have both played to their potential now.

Locks in the team-

- Warner
- Cowan
-
-
- Clarke
- M. Hussey
- Wade
- Siddle
- Pattinson
- Hilf/Starc
- Lyon

Glaring deficiency at 3 and 4 atm. The robot might return to #3 sometimes.

Hard to write Ponting off, cos it'll bite you later, but having a guy that age in the team at #4 not making runs doesn't make a heap of sense. Better to be developing someone in their mid twenties. Big pressure on him to do something this series.

Red

He needs someone else to hold up an end for him. And he has the keeper and the bowlers so that is one thing against him.

Also he will have an awkward first 30 minutes to his inning where he is trying to get his eye in again.

I would give you 4-1. If they had more wickets in hand I would give you 2-1.
6 pack on it? :)

Red

I'll have a bet with you on it.

Either

a) I deposit $20 into the cancer society charity web site if he makes 401 and you deposit $10 if he doesn't.

or

b) A two week avatar bet.

Deal, I'll put $10 in to Oxfam though. You're on!

AlanJLegend

U19 Vice-Captain
Agreed, I reckon he won't pass Bradman.

Makes Matthew Hayden look like a right **** as well, which is a bonus.
I would love to see him go on to get 400+, but realistically by the time he gets to 334 we'll have around 650-700 runs, would probably be overkill to surpass that.

Needs to leave time to get another double in the second innings tbf.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
i don't think clarke cares about 334 or 400. if it makes sense for the team to bat on, he'll bat on and pass 334

that said, i don't think clarke really believes in going past 700. who knows though. it's not like we go at 5 an over very often

Red

If all goes to plan (not all out), I reckon his declaration will come with an hour or two left tomorrow.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
This is day 1 of a 5 day test and he's already 224. He could bat all day tomorrow and still leave enough time to dismiss South Africa twice, especially if Kallis is injured and can't play. Still, he should declare with an hour to an hour and a half left tomorrow, if we can bat that long.

TumTum

Banned
If he does want to get there, he won't do it without scoring quickly, because I think he cares about his image a lot. But the rate he's going now is fast enough :p

But I say 60% he declares in 300s, 30% he gets out before 300 and 10% he makes 400.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
out/declares before 300 = 40%
300-350s = 45%
360-399= 10%
400+ = 5%

to be fair :p

he's the sort of guy who'd probably declare before 400 even if he was close to 400, just to come across as a guy who doesn't play for records..
remember what he did against India at the SCG (320s* declared) and last week at the Gabba (declared before 300)