• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who tasted it harder?

Who tasted it harder?

• Total voters

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
After Abul Hasan just knocked up a brilliant run a ball century on debut for Bangladesh, we have a new contender for greatest Cricket Chat taste of all time.

NUFAN said this just before the start of play:

I have this crazy theory that if you are rubbish at domestic cricket in Bangladesh you are likely to be rubbish in Test Cricket, so what on earth is Abul Hasan doing playing Test Cricket?.

As we all know, the clubhouse leader for taste has been Spikey's effort when talking about Ben Hilfenhaus prior to the Boxing Day test vs India last season:

of course, my angry at hilf's selection has little to do with the man himself. i'm sure he's a good man, tasmanian and all. but i just find it infuriating that a person who performed so badly, so utterly terrible, during the ashes and has hardly done anything since (was that 5 wicket haul featuring 4 victorians who usually bat 7 to 11 really that impressive?) can come back. Now I know you're gonna point out all the injures, but we all knew the dropping of Hilf was a reluctant one. The guy still got ****ing picked for the 5th Ashes test for heaven's sake. Did we cut the CA contract? Nope. We sent him to the Aus A tour where he was in a battle with Copeland and Siddle instead! And where of course he utterly terrible. Was that the last straw, at least in the short term? Of course not! He got picked for Aus A against NZ where even Starc outperformed him. He was so so so bad during the ashes. It may have actually been the worst series performance by an Australian bowler in an Ashes series, keeping in mind this was over 4 tests. So many flaws got shown up; the lack of threat posed by him of course being at the forefront. So after 6 ****ing FC games, at an average of over 30, where his two best bowling performances have featured cleaning up the tail, he's fixed them? I'm deadly serious when I say give me Josh ****ing Lalor instead. Are we gonna pick Hughes asap if he scores two 50's in his Shield games at the end of the season and claims his bad form was because his pet Dog Buster died?

But hey good luck on boxing day buddy. Given you average 65 at the MCG you'll need it
Ofcourse Ben Hilfenhaus ended up taking 5 wickets in the first innings of the Boxing Day test and finishing the series with a series high 27 wickets and an average of 17.

Who tasted it harder?

Flem274*

123/5
Definitely Spikey. He was so invested in that rant. Put all his outrage on the clothes line, and got owned over an entire series.

flibbertyjibber

Spikey, as lets face it Nufan was on about the bowling and he could end up being right. The fact the lad has played a freaky innings which nobody could have expected lets him off.

Spark

Global Moderator
see the thing about spikey is that was just about the first (only?) detailed post about cricket he made. makes it all the more tasteful imo

Spikey

I mean, on the whole Adam Goodes showing skidmark00 up in such a fashion on the biggest stage was awesome, but that he did it against Hawthorn, the team skidmark00 loves as much as his own team, just pushed it to the next level.

Spikey

see the thing about spikey is that was just about the first (only?) detailed post about cricket he made. makes it all the more tasteful imo
pretty sure i'd made some, although mostly only about nsw.

benchmark00

Spikey's rant basically defines what tasting is I think. There can be no finer example of someone tasting it.

Spikey

i feel like i should note that i'm kinda pissed they've already named hilf for the upcoming test. i mean like, the problem is his arm position, how ****ing dumb are they gonna feel if tomorrow morning in the warm-up's he's all over the shop? should have waited til then tbh. not like he would have killed himself today if the team wasn't named

Spikey

the fact you created this thread after the posts jono and i made about you forever tasting it about adam goodes says a lot.

(says jono's a ****, ftr)

benchmark00

the fact you created this thread after the posts jono and i made about you forever tasting it about adam goodes says a lot.

(says jono's a ****, ftr)
Saw those posts after starting to make this thread itbt. Was just good timing. Spent a while trying to find your dung heap of a post.

Last edited: