• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Inaugural CW "Worst Dismissal Ever" Competition

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The Mark Waugh reverse sweep is a decent shout for mine. His team utterly dominating the match so Tuffers bowls negatively for a while to stop him scoring, no serious intention to get him out. He loses his ****, plays that shot and gives Tuffers a free wicket. Was inconsequential but geez...

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
he gets off via charm. vic_orthdox told the story in wonderful fashion once but i can't find it

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Nominate Carl Hooper, Melbourne, 2nd innings 1992-93. Caught skying a ball to mid wicket off Warne when trying to save a test match on day five. Led to the classic "Oh Carl....." commentary from Richie.
I've never seen a video of that....

robelinda to the rescue?

robelinda

International Vice-Captain
Any Poms remember Chris Adams having a complete spaz after being out to Warnie in 97? Got himself banned for month or something. Really crappy dismissal too, i'll find it.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Warne's 99 was hilariously bad but Bell's yesterday must take the cake with how bad he let his team down. That has to be a criteria, the importance of your innings at the time.

edit: Lack of awareness, I see, I see.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Not really the 'worst' as such as but always loved Inzy's wonderfully graceful fall into the stumps.