Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: The Inaugural CW "Worst Dismissal Ever" Competition

Nicking an opening bowler's outswinger to slip is just a bit too textbook for this afaic, though it does score maximum on the "match situation" part

You could probably add in his dismissals in the 2nd innings at Lord's and the Oval in the "for **** sake, grow a spine and tough it out for 15 minutes" category.

Quote Originally Posted by Howe_zat View Post
    Nicking an opening bowler's outswinger to slip is just a bit too textbook for this afaic, though it does score maximum on the "match situation" part
    Bonus points for him being the captain as well. Had Dravid not basically been forced to slog when India were 8 down then I think he'd still be batting now.

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    What about Dhoni in Mumbai where he sends one straight to Panesar who drops it. So he sends another one like two balls later. The situation was similar to Bells, I think?

But his shot in that England series doesn't qualify for mine. That's just good bowling to a bad batsman.
    Last edited by silentstriker; 17-11-2012 at 08:08 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

How the Universe came from nothing

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by silentstriker View Post
    What about Dhoni in Mumbai where he sends one straight to Panesar who drops it. So he sends another one like two balls later. The situation was similar to Bells, I think?

But his shot in that England series doesn't qualify for mine. That's just good bowling to a bad batsman.
    This one was hilarious coz the drop from monty was
    he missed it in the air and ended up trying to protect his head.. a video would be gold but theres no sign of it on youtube

Yeah it does. He should have left the ****ing things alone instead of repeatedly driving balls that were begging to be nicked to the cordon. Particularly as he was the captain, particularly given the match situation at Trent Bridge, particularly as he'd done exactly the same thing at Lord's.

Oh, God, I'm bored. Might as well be listening to Genesis
    Quote Originally Posted by GingerFurball View Post
    Yeah it does. He should have left the ****ing things alone instead of repeatedly driving balls that were begging to be nicked to the cordon. Particularly as he was the captain, particularly given the match situation at Trent Bridge, particularly as he'd done exactly the same thing at Lord's.
    Nah we're talking worst dismissal EVER, that's just pretty bog-standard rubbish.
    Do I contradict myself?
    Very well then I contradict myself,
    (I am large, I contain multitudes.
    Walt Whitman

Cricketer Of The Year Cabinet96's Avatar
    Dhoni's done it so many times as well. It's far from something out of the ordinary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    This English top three are cornflakes. They're not the most exciting thing out but they're pretty effective. Then the middle order are the sugar. Would be too much on their own but added to the cornflakes they add some much needed interest

When KP returns he will be the banana..

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    Worse than Bell's given it was day five and India seemed a decent bet for a draw

NB - Panesar didn't drop the first one because he stood and watched it drop, thinking Anderson was going to catch it
    "It was an easy decision to sign. I could have gone elsewhere, I had calls, but it never entered my mind it's not about the money."
    Jason Koumas

SWA

RIP Craigos. A true CW legend. You will be missed.

Think it counts as a drop regardless of what the fielder tries to use to catch it, even if it's another fielder

Cricket Web Staff Member / Global Moderator Neil Pickup's Avatar
    DJ Bravo c AG Prince b MV Boucher.

Admittedly he was on 107 and WI were 747/9.

Smith bowled 43 overs and De Villiers 21...

4th Test: West Indies v South Africa at St John's, Apr 29-May 3, 2005 | Cricket Scorecard | ESPN Cricinfo
    MSN Messenger: minardineil2000 at hotmail dot com | AAAS Chairman
    CricketWeb Black | CricketWeb XI Captain
    ClarkeWatch: We're Watching Rikki - Are You?

Up The Grecians - Exeter City FC

Completing the Square: My Cricket Web Blog

International 12th Man AndyZaltzHair's Avatar
    AB de Villiers got caught by a ball which bounced twice

I've no idea how many times it happened in history. You might get out to a long hop or full toss but how on earth you get out to a delivery which pitches twice. It's weird and damn memorable. SA were in trouble in 1st Innings when 5th wicket went down for only 77. In came AB de Villiers and coasted to 45. Then Ashraful came to bowl his trademark long hops and full tosses but instead he sent one which bounced twice before reaching to the popping crease and de Villiers tried to crack it out of the park, looped it in the air and got caught. Ash was ecstatic as if he bowled that intentionally and de Villiers got puzzeled by the legality of the delivery. However he was given out and crowd erupted!

AB de Villiers's bizarre dismissal - YouTube
    Last edited by AndyZaltzHair; 17-11-2012 at 10:12 AM.
    Originally Spoken by Brendon McCullum
    You have got to earn the right to be aggressive.

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GingerFurball View Post
    Nah that's just Dhoni being not good enough against superior bowling. Certainly not worthy of the title. The Panesar incident was much worse.

Oh, God, I'm bored. Might as well be listening to Genesis
    Nah that's just Dhoni being not good enough against superior bowling. Certainly not worthy of the title. The Panesar incident was much worse.
    Agreed, not really sure where this is going, nicks to shots outside off-stump are pretty much a thing which happen, we're talking something incredible, aren't we?

International Captain Pup Clarke's Avatar
    It's more the match situation I think GF is getting at, not so much the individual ball.
    Proud member of the Twenty20 is boring society

E-Mail - liamhowgate@yahoo.co.uk
    MSN - liamhowgate@hotmail.com

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information