Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Virender Sehwag

U19 Debutant
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    I think Top Cat was calling Tendulkar a flat track bully.
    yeh err nice try. unfortunately for you, i dont have the mentality of a two year old.
    All Time Test XI:

Openers: S.Gavaskar V.Sehwag Middle Order: V.Richards S.Tendulkar B.Lara All Rounders: G.Sobers I Khan (C) WK: A.Gilchrist Bowlers: W.Akram M.Marshall M.Muralitharan

All Time ODI XI:

WK: A.Gilchrist S.Tendulkar V.Richards R. Ponting M. Dhoni M. Bevan Allrounder: K.Dev Bowlers: W.Akram J. Garner M.Muralitharan G. McGrath

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend smalishah84's Avatar
    And smalishah's avatar is the most classy one by far Jan certainly echoes the sentiments of CW

Yeah we don't crap in the first world; most of us would actually have no idea what that was emanating from Ajmal's backside. Why isn't it roses and rainbows like what happens here? PEWS's retort to Ganeshran on Daemon's picture depicting Ajmal's excreta

Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees
    Indians can't bowl - Where has the rumour come from as I myself and many indian friends arwe competent fast bowlers ?

With the English bid I said: Let us be brief. If you give back the Falkland Islands, which belong to us, you will get my vote. They then became sad and left

Tournaments Won: 1
    Already a Tendulkar thread on page 6?

Urgh.
    @CowsCorner - 202 followers and counting!

Disclaimer: I am a biased South African. Anything I say is likely to have something in it that ultimately favours the Proteas.

Hall of Fame Member honestbharani's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    Idiotic post. Yes, it was a seam bowling friendly series, so what? How does that make it any different from an Indian dustbowl series? They didn't cry, they copped their dismissals on the chin and set to bowling India out for less than we scored. Maybe if Ganguly spent as much time practising his batting as he did complaining he would have scored some bloody runs.
    hahaha, Flem.. I am all for pitches that help seamers now and then as well but 99 plays 94 in the first innings is no one's definition of a good deck or a normal deck. It was a fair dinkum greentop.
    We miss you, Fardin. :(. RIP.
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    In the end, I think it's so utterly, incomprehensibly boring. There is so much context behind each innings of cricket that dissecting statistics into these small samples is just worthless. No-one has ever been faced with the same situation in which they come out to bat as someone else. Ever.
    A cricket supporter forever

Member of CW Red and AAAS - Appreciating only the best.

Check out this awesome e-fed:

PWE Efed

Request Your Custom Title Now! Flem274*'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by honestbharani View Post
    hahaha, Flem.. I am all for pitches that help seamers now and then as well but 99 plays 94 in the first innings is no one's definition of a good deck or a normal deck. It was a fair dinkum greentop.
    No it wasn't ffs. Look at the pitches up there. Just because the batsmen were too **** to handle good bowling on a deck with a bit of movement, it doesn't make it a green top.

It's like saying every subcontinent deck is **** because Ian Bell can't bat on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Jeets doesn't really deserve to be bowling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Well yeah Tendy is probably better than Bradman, but Bradman was 70 years ago, if he grew up in the modern era he'd still easily be the best. Though he wasn't, can understand the argument for Tendy even though I don't agree.
    Proudly supporting Central Districts
    RIP Craig Walsh

Lol.

Those were greentops. Doesn't mean they were bad pitches, but the low scores and flurry of wickets were definitely not down to **** batting.

On top of a pile of money, surrounded by many beautiful women
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Lol.

Those were greentops. Doesn't mean they were bad pitches, but the low scores and flurry of wickets were definitely not down to **** batting.
    The Hamilton pitch was a nightmare surface, batsmen had no chance. The pitch at Wellington was very lively, but as Mark Richardson showed, with a bit of patience and application it was perfectly possible to make runs. Unfortunately, none of the Indian batsmen were really prepared to make such an adjustment.
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    I can think of a list of Sydney Grade posters who would contribute a better average post than Bahnz.
    Maow like no one can hear you maowing.

Yes that is all correct. But that doesn't mean its not a greentop. It just means the Indian batsmen weren't willing/couldn't bat properly on the wicket.

Flem is saying it wasn't a greentop, which is crazy imo. Clearly those wickets were green, everyone acknowledges that. The debate/argument is whether those wickets were bad for cricket.

I don't really see how you can blame NZ anyway. The weather was the main reason they were so green. From what I remember, NZ were apologetic for a lot of the tour because there was not much they could do about it.

On top of a pile of money, surrounded by many beautiful women
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Yes that is all correct. But that doesn't mean its not a greentop. It just means the Indian batsmen weren't willing/couldn't bat properly on the wicket.

Flem is saying it wasn't a greentop, which is crazy imo. Clearly those wickets were green, everyone acknowledges that. The debate/argument is whether those wickets were bad for cricket.

I don't really see how you can blame NZ anyway. The weather was the main reason they were so green. From what I remember, NZ were apologetic for a lot of the tour because there was not much they could do about it.
    The pitch at Wellington was a day one greentop. By day 3, it had browned off nicely, which made India's collapse in the 2nd innings all the more insipid tbh.

Think pitches like the Wellington surface or great for test cricket. It really ****s me that New Zealand curators are falling over themselves to produce roads nowadays. We're playing at home, and the conditions should suit our strengths (clearly our seam bowling).

Anyway, this has gone waaaaaay off topic.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPrez View Post
    Already a Tendulkar thread on page 6?

Urgh.
    Blame smali**** for it.

Quote Originally Posted by dhillon28 View Post
    he was just dejected and slouched in disappointment. what is legendary is how a lot of non indian fans on here seem to be stalkers of tendulkars every precise movement. So guys tell me, what direction were his farts blowing in that day??? i'm sure one of you guys would have picked up on this information during the video.

Hall of Fame Member honestbharani's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    No it wasn't ffs. Look at the pitches up there. Just because the batsmen were too **** to handle good bowling on a deck with a bit of movement, it doesn't make it a green top.

It's like saying every subcontinent deck is **** because Ian Bell can't bat on it.
    As Joni says, I am not here saying they were bad for the game.. YOu need the greentops and you need the turners.. that is what makes this game great.. A NZ 2003 deserves a Mumbai 2004 and batsmen of this generation deserve both sorts of tracks to bring them a sense of reality otherwise lost in the flat track mayhem.. But those were greentops and that is that.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Top_Cat's Avatar
    heh, Joni.
    The Colourphonics

Bandcamp
    Twitderp

Cricket Web Staff Member Woodster's Avatar
    Think this piece by Ed Smith sums Sehwag up pretty well, in terms of the mental strength he has shown in staying true to his own game despite the type of consistent failures that may have others adopting an alternative approach.

Ed Smith : Ed Smith: The pragmatic art of Virender Sehwag | Cricinfo Magazine | ESPN Cricinfo
    http://batallday.blogspot.com/ - Cricket blog dedicated to domestic cricket.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread Information