Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Virender Sehwag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend smalishah84's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by honestbharani View Post
    To be completely honest, he has got runs in swinging conditions in the past and as recently as in RSA in 2010, he was getting starts, same in NZ in 2009.. I just think he has lost a lot of discipline and concentration and that has resulted in his form, fitness and his own technique ( as original as it was) going down the drain..
    I think I would agree with this analysis
    And smalishah's avatar is the most classy one by far Jan certainly echoes the sentiments of CW

Yeah we don't crap in the first world; most of us would actually have no idea what that was emanating from Ajmal's backside. Why isn't it roses and rainbows like what happens here? PEWS's retort to Ganeshran on Daemon's picture depicting Ajmal's excreta

Doesn't have to just be one reason.

Mix of age, fitness, technique and being a cocky **** have all played a role in his decline.

International Coach flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    Well if he can't score runs on this pitch today he may as well give up.

+1 this. It appears that his own focus and commitment has taken a dip in last couple of years.

EDIT: +1 HB's post I mean.

Banned
    Pretty much a flawless fifty

Looks like my best Indian batsman - 1st Innings bet at 4.5 for Sehwag is going to pay off.

Looking as comfortable and non-desperate as a batsman be.
    Isnít it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too? Ė Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by GIMH View Post
    The reason people don't cheer for India is nothing to do with them being number one

It's because Teja is a ****, FTR

the pitch is pretty ****e as well

Cricket Web Staff Member Woodster's Avatar
    To be completely honest, he has got runs in swinging conditions in the past and as recently as in RSA in 2010, he was getting starts, same in NZ in 2009.. I just think he has lost a lot of discipline and concentration and that has resulted in his form, fitness and his own technique ( as original as it was) going down the drain..
    He is a good enough player to have success at times in conditions he is not entirely comfortable with. He has played enough cricket to score runs on occasions when it is swinging around or seaming about a bit, but his record in England where he averages 27.80, South Africa 25.47, and New Zealand 20.00 suggest he generally finds the going much more difficult, and that isn't surprising with the way he plays. He has had success in Australia to his credit where there's more bounce around, but his record is so impeccable because once he is in in his own comfortable conditions, he cashes in.
    http://batallday.blogspot.com/ - Cricket blog dedicated to domestic cricket.

Christ Teja you're a ****.

this is worse than that Jos Buttler thread

Hall of Fame Member honestbharani's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Woodster View Post
    He is a good enough player to have success at times in conditions he is not entirely comfortable with. He has played enough cricket to score runs on occasions when it is swinging around or seaming about a bit, but his record in England where he averages 27.80, South Africa 25.47, and New Zealand 20.00 suggest he generally finds the going much more difficult, and that isn't surprising with the way he plays. He has had success in Australia to his credit where there's more bounce around, but his record is so impeccable because once he is in in his own comfortable conditions, he cashes in.
    Well.. I m guessing the story behind those numbers would be more telling than just the numbers itself but I am not in the mood for statistic based debates.. I agree with your analysis to an extent, that he is obviously much more comfortable in these conditions than in those conditions but I do think he has become a worse player abroad than he was as recently as 3 or 4 years ago due to a lot of laziness and indiscipline than anything else.

His innings yesterday for instance, it was clear he still has the same issues in terms of footwork and fitness (compared to his pomp) but at least his mind was in a better state and he seemed to be thinking with more clarity and that helped him get those runs.
    We miss you, Fardin. :(. RIP.
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    In the end, I think it's so utterly, incomprehensibly boring. There is so much context behind each innings of cricket that dissecting statistics into these small samples is just worthless. No-one has ever been faced with the same situation in which they come out to bat as someone else. Ever.
    A cricket supporter forever

Member of CW Red and AAAS - Appreciating only the best.

Check out this awesome e-fed:

PWE Efed

School Boy/Girl Captain
    Well.. I m guessing the story behind those numbers would be more telling than just the numbers itself but I am not in the mood for statistic based debates.. I agree with your analysis to an extent, that he is obviously much more comfortable in these conditions than in those conditions but I do think he has become a worse player abroad than he was as recently as 3 or 4 years ago due to a lot of laziness and indiscipline than anything else.

His innings yesterday for instance, it was clear he still has the same issues in terms of footwork and fitness (compared to his pomp) but at least his mind was in a better state and he seemed to be thinking with more clarity and that helped him get those runs.

Most first class cricketers could of tonned up on that pitch, with their eyes closed yesterday.

When the ball doesn't get above the knee roll, it's pretty easy to smack.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    ' I realised that if I played the new ball cautiously it's good for me and good for the team.'

what a ****ing ****
    Indians can't bowl - Where has the rumour come from as I myself and many indian friends arwe competent fast bowlers ?

With the English bid I said: Let us be brief. If you give back the Falkland Islands, which belong to us, you will get my vote. They then became sad and left

Quote Originally Posted by sphynx View Post
    Most first class cricketers could of tonned up on that pitch, with their eyes closed yesterday.

Yes, it's as easy as eating a plum pudding or a KFC Zinger Burger. Tom Moody could score a test ton on this pitch with a broomstick every day of the week against Anil Kumble's bowling, indeed.
    "I want to raise my hand and say one thing. Those who complain about my love for the game or commitment to the game are clueless. These are the only 2 areas where I give myself 100 out of 100."
    - Sachin Tendulkar, as told in an interview published in Bengali newspaper Anandabazar Patrika after his 100th International century (translated by weldone)

Quote Originally Posted by weldone View Post
    Yes, it's as easy as eating a plum pudding or a KFC Zinger Burger. Tom Moody could score a test ton on this pitch with a broomstick every day of the week against Anil Kumble's bowling, indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by sphynx View Post

It is could 'have'. And you're getting pretty repetitive.
    Last edited by Jono; 16-11-2012 at 09:11 PM.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information