• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Michael Clarke

Himannv

International Coach
Along with Hussey, he batted really well in difficult conditions when Australia last toured here. While the stats may indicate that he's a home track bully, I don't think he is.

Xuhaib

International Coach
but on pure stats he is however I do admit post captaincy Clarkey has been a different beast and I would not put it past him to improve on his overseas record.

Jayzamann

International Regular
surely his ton against SA last year told a story...
+ in Sri Lanka. Little **** has played some of his best cricket since taking the reigns.

Just so happens that the three innings of note that are over 200 were in Australia. I'd put them down as his 3-5th best innings in this period though.

Xuhaib

International Coach
yeah Benchy it was a superb knock but surely other HTB's also have played these knocks sporadically away from home during their time. There is a hole in Clarke's CV that needs to be addressed at the moment IMO Cook, KP, ABDE and Amla are ahead of him for being the batsmen of this generation.

Last edited:

Spark

Global Moderator
Really, it was so unsurprising to see him throw it away on 40-odd in the first dig. The new-old-Ian-Bell, tbh.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Sparky, on current form Sachin is not even among the top 10 batsman of current era let alone all time. Its safe to say I am talking over full lengths of their career.

Spark

Global Moderator
So was I. Throws it away when set way too often, massive black mark in my book. Scoring five 40s in a row might not hurt your average but it hurts your team.

Debris

International 12th Man
Most of it seems to be an artifact of the last year when he has been racking up enormous scores at home. Here is his record up until this date last year.

Ye Olde Michael Clarke

The difference here is not that noteable.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Not really @ the point of the opening post. But just on Clarke in general. He deserves to be the toast of CW. He would definitely make the world XI and seems to be going from strength to strength. I didn't like some of his public statements at the time Symonds was kicked out of the team - but I am not here to admire his statesmanship - as a cricketer he has tremendous guts and while watching various aussie collapses I used to think they would always fold if their openers failed. But him (and hussey) seem to be made of staunch stuff. Aussie fans should be fiercely proud of him and if not then they don't deserve him.

I value character in batting more so than flamboyance and he has heart and character.

Ruckus

International Captain
Yeah Clarke seems to be criticized (maybe not on CW, but in general) so much more than is warranted. Must be his pretty boy face or something. The man is glorious.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
For mine, Michael Clarke is the best batsman in the world. So he's not just making the world XI, he's probably captaining it.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Not really @ the point of the opening post. But just on Clarke in general. He deserves to be the toast of CW. He would definitely make the world XI and seems to be going from strength to strength. I didn't like some of his public statements at the time Symonds was kicked out of the team - but I am not here to admire his statesmanship - as a cricketer he has tremendous guts and while watching various aussie collapses I used to think they would always fold if their openers failed. But him (and hussey) seem to be made of staunch stuff. Aussie fans should be fiercely proud of him and if not then they don't deserve him.

I value character in batting more so than flamboyance and he has heart and character.
Can you please elaborate on what you mean by heart and character?

Ruckus

International Captain
For mine, Michael Clarke is the best batsman in the world. So he's not just making the world XI, he's probably captaining it.
Yeah same. As good as Amla etc. are, the thing that really gives Clarke the edge for me in recent times is his ability to dominate and change the momentum of a match.