• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Michael Clarke

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
More a comment on the length of his peak than an overseas record, TBH. One year of absolutely godly peak contrasted against a good, but not ATG, remainder of career.

Basically the path Clarke would be on if he reverts to being the batsman he was pre-captaincy, and finishes his career that way.
This.

MoYo was a very good batsman. But to put him up in the same echelon as someone like Border or Richards would be a disservice to the others. Similarly, unless Clarke can continue at an average of 50+ for a few more years he'll only go down as a batsman who had a spectacular peak and was else-wise very good.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
More a comment on the length of his peak than an overseas record, TBH. One year of absolutely godly peak contrasted against a good, but not ATG, remainder of career.

Basically the path Clarke would be on if he reverts to being the batsman he was pre-captaincy, and finishes his career that way.
i think people under estimate how good and consistent MoYo was pre and post his peak. He only averaged below 40 twice in a calendar year.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
This.

MoYo was a very good batsman. But to put him up in the same echelon as someone like Border or Richards would be a disservice to the others. Similarly, unless Clarke can continue at an average of 50+ for a few more years he'll only go down as a batsman who had a spectacular peak and was else-wise very good.
I wouldn't rate MoYo at the same level as Richards, his one of top 5 batsmen of all time. But I don't see a major difference in the records of MoYo, Waugh and Border. The only difference I can see is the countries that they played.

All three scored runs in all conditions. All three came in regularly at 2 or 3 for nothing and regular saved their teams.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
There were points in the 09 Ashes where I thought he would never get out, ever again. At one point after that it looked he wouldn't kick on, and if I put my once a year objective hat on, it's good to see that he has done. Good to watch as well.

I've not been able to watch enough cricket in 2012 to honestly say if he's the best but its hard to think of many you'd definitely pick ahead of him.

sphynx

U19 Debutant
He has to improve his away record also, otherwise at this rate he could tough competition to Mahela as best home track bully. 67 at home and 41 away.

There's a HUGE difference between being a dominant player at home as an Australian, as opposed to being a dominant player at home as an Indian.

The roads produced in India are a disgrace.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Yes. Playing spin well is clearly only done by FTB's. That's why batsmen outside of the SC struggle against it so much.... :dry:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Nah it really pretty much touched upon the reason people hated him. It wasn't a serious cricket analysis, it was written pretty much with the respect those that hated him for doing Bonds ads in his jocks deserved.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
that's why i always hate those public apologies. you don't apologize by going on about 'but' unless you're alan jones

MClarke23 profile

MClarke23 “@_TheTonk: An unreserved apology to Mr Michael Clarke, esquire. From @tuxy81 #AUSvSA smh.com.au/sport/cricket/…” Thank you.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
now that the z button on my keyboard is working again, I'm using it whenever I can