• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Michael Clarke

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
This is true. Except South Africa it seems that all the big teams (Aus, Ind, SA) win all the time at home and lose away except against minnows (Ban, Zim, WI, NZ)
So out of 10 test playing nations, 4 are minnows, 3 are big teams, so that just leaves 3 in no man's land. Wonder who they win against.

91Jmay

International Coach
Like how England who have lost four home series in 10 years are also not on the list of teams who win a lot at home.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Not ruling him out of my top 10 without thinking about it further, but it would definitely be a huge question for me considering the following 10 bats off the top of my head;

Bradman
Trumper
G Chappell
Ponting
Harvey
Ponsford
S Waugh
Border
Morris
Walters

Not entirely sure who I'd drop for Clarke from the above, but I'd need to think about it. He certainly wouldn't be anywhere near my top 5.

And that's saying nothing about guys like Clem Hill and Hayden etc.

Just thinking middle order bats #3- #6 (excluding Miller who'd normally be in my 1st XI at #5)

1st XI

Bradman
G.Chappell
McCabe
Border

2nd XI

Ponting
Harvey
Trumper
S.Waugh

3rd XI

Macartney
Hill
Clarke
Hussey/Walters

I've probably missed someone obvious

Howsie

International Captain
Funny. Those three teams couldn't even beat NZ at home, let alone away. Stick to making Maxwell for test cricket threads me thinks.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Yeah I get that (and the article deals with that), but then he:
- tells Jimmy Anderson to get ready for a broken ****ng arm
- wins the Ashes 5-0
- scores a ton vs. SA in SA with a broken arm himself.

Plenty of **** bogans love in there.
Yeah and hence a lot of people (but not all) had their opinions changed by him over his time as captain. But first impressions stick, and that's why there's always been that undertone.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Excellent love Australian bravado. i will file that away and use it as justification for some unprovoked anti Australian posts I will make over the next 12 months. All in jest of course just like yours is.
When I wake up in the morning depressed about the state of Australian cricket, I think to myself, "at least we don't have the Georgie Pie Super Smash" and immediately feel better :ph34r:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yeah and hence a lot of people (but not all) had their opinions changed by him over his time as captain. But first impressions stick, and that's why there's always been that undertone.
yeah no doubt, we're on the same page. By baffling I didn't mean "I don't get how he was never liked", as opposed to "man, can't believe he's still thought of as soft and failed to win so many over".

Even listening to ABC Breakfast today, he was described as divisive this morning. Jeez, and ABC audience aren't the typical bogan type (except for Burgey).

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'm sure some of the comments made by Symonds and Hayden is just them giving straight answers to **** questions put to them by the media but the timing is very weird. It doesn't seem right.

Flem274*

123/5
When I wake up in the morning depressed about the state of Australian cricket, I think to myself, "at least we don't have the Georgie Pie Super Smash" and immediately feel better :ph34r:
Georgie Pie Super Smash takes a steaming butter chicken filled dump on K fry.:ph34r: