• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

West Indies ATG Team- Open Voting

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah I went with Dujon behind the stumps for reasons already debated to death in this thread, but Walcott was a magnificent cricketer I suppose at least one of the Ws deserved a spot. :)

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
In theory yes, but Garner played the role of spinner for the W.I. in the '80's. He is capable, willing and most importantly effective at bowling long controlling spells into the wind with a better avg, s/r and econ of any spinner in history and was effcient at cleaning up the tail.
Also concerning flat decks, Marshall, Holding and Garner are all proven performers on docile and spinning tracks.

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
Cricketweb Australia All Time XI
Victor Trumper
Arthur Morris
Sir Donald Bradman
Greg Chappell
Allan Border
Keith Miller
Adam Gilchrist
Shane Warne
Denis Lille
Bill O'Reilly
Glenn Mcgrath

Ricky Ponting
Allan Davidson

Cricketweb W.I. All Time XI
Gordon Greenidge
Sir Conrad Hunte
George Headley
Sir I.V.A. Richards
Brian Lara
Sir Garfield Sobers
Sir Clyde Walcott
Malcolm Marshall
Michael Holding
Curtly Ambrose
Joel Garner

Frank Worrell
Lance Gibbs

Cricketweb England A.T. XI
Sir Jack Hobbs
Sir Len Hutton
Sir Wally Hammond
Ken Barrington
Denis Compton
Sir Ian Botham
Allan Knott
Jim Laker
Harold Larwood
Fred Trueman
Syd Barnes

Hedley Verity
Kevin Pietersen

Great work guys. Will start South Africa tonight if no one else does.

Last edited: