• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

West Indies ATG Team- Open Voting

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
Knew there were three spots up for grabs, didn't know all three would have been so close. Hunte though was the second best opener we have produced. Will see where the next few votes go.

watson

Banned
The team so far (I think);

01. Gordon Greenidge
02. Conrad Hunte
03. Viv Richards
04. Brian Lara
05. George Headley
06. Garfield Sobers
07. Clyde Walcott
08. Malcolm Marshall
09. Michael Holding
10. Joel Garner
11. Curtly Ambrose

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The team so far (I think);

01. Gordon Greenidge
02. Conrad Hunte
03. Viv Richards
04. Brian Lara
05. George Headley
06. Garfield Sobers
07. Clyde Walcott
08. Malcolm Marshall
09. Michael Holding
10. Joel Garner
11. Curtly Ambrose
I think it's a tie between Hunte and Worrell. Agree with the above post about the middle order: Headley at number 3 too awesome to miss. The oddity here is that all three of them have awesome records at number 3. Lara himself said that he most preferred the number 5 position but the stats don't bear that out.

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/en...orderby=default;template=results;type=batting

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/en...orderby=default;template=results;type=batting

Last edited:

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
Yea it is still tied btwn Hunte and Worrell, so was waiting for a two vote majority but will go with who of the two gets the next vote.

Headley inho opnion should always be at three for the W.I., or what ever team he plays for in the absence of Bradman. He was that good.

Looking forward to completing the South Africa team next.

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
will do a recount and check. Time this was finished.

Yup still tied.

Last edited:

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Weird, it was tied before Steve's vote but is now still tied? I thought his was the clincher and we could move on!

watson

Banned
Opener Votes:

Greenidge: 22
Hunte: 7
Worrell: 7
Haynes: 7
Fredricks: 1

Three way tie, even closer than the spinner and keeper votes.
I was going by this tally (was it wrong?). Hunte with steve's vote should be on 8 now.

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
No reason why the South African team can't be started while we are waiting for this to end.

Or as a tie break since Worrell wasn't part of the short list that it goes to Hunte, just a suggestion to save time, not a recomendation.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
No reason why the South African team can't be started while we are waiting for this to end.

Or as a tie break since Worrell wasn't part of the short list that it goes to Hunte, just a suggestion to save time, not a recomendation.
Do you wanna run the SA one Kyear? I don't have the time (moreso headspace) atm to do it.

Blakus

State Vice-Captain
Kinda forgot about this. For me, Worrell is a middle order batman and that's where he should play.
Hunte is imo, the second best opener WI have produced and therefore gets my vote

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Kinda forgot about this. For me, Worrell is a middle order batman and that's where he should play.
Hunte is imo, the second best opener WI have produced and therefore gets my vote
I would like to have Worrell purely for the leadership and getting everybody from the different places together. But perhaps that can be achieved by having him as the manager of the side in this hypothetical.

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
Cricketweb W.I ATG XI

Gordon Greenidge
Conrad Hunte
George Headley
Viv Richards
Brian Lara
Garry Sobers
Clyde Walcott
Malcolm Marshall
Michael Holding
Curtly Ambrose
Joel Garner

Lance Gibbs
Frank Worrell

Last edited:

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
That's a hell of a side, and 9 out of 11 the same as the one I would have chosen myself. The pace attack is unrivalled (particularly given that Australia picked two spinners) while the batting line-up is a match for anyone.

The lack of a world class slow bowling option is disappointing, as much in principle as in practice, and potentially makes team v team comparisons difficult as the type of pitch will probably have a huge say in any theoretical outcome.