Cricket Player Manager
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: The India and Pakistan combined ATG Thread : Open Voting

Kumble can hold an end for the fast bowlers and once the wicket starts suiting him he is capable of destroying you in a session.

International Captain kingkallis's Avatar
    Anil Kumble
    CricZo XI - Draft League

Season 1 M Hayden, G Gooch, R Dravid, W Hammond, K Pietersen, G Sobers, R Marsh (wk), R Benaud (c), D Steyn, W Hall, N Adcock

Season 2 J Hobbs, B Richards, D Boon, H Taylor, C Lloyd (c), A Stewart (wk), T Goddard, A Davidson, H Tayfield, C Ambrose, H Griffith

Season 3 H Sutcliffe, M Hayden, I Chappell (c), G Pollock, A Faulkner, M Hussey, D Lindsay (wk), I Botham, A Kumble, M Marshall, D Lillee

Ashwin

U19 Debutant
    Gavaskar
    Sehwag
    Dravid
    Tendulkar
    Miandad
    Zaheer Abbas
    Imran (captain)
    Dhoni (wk)
    Wasim
    Waqar
    Kumble
    All Time Test XI:

Openers: S.Gavaskar V.Sehwag Middle Order: V.Richards S.Tendulkar B.Lara All Rounders: G.Sobers I Khan (C) WK: A.Gilchrist Bowlers: W.Akram M.Marshall M.Muralitharan

All Time ODI XI:

WK: A.Gilchrist S.Tendulkar V.Richards R. Ponting M. Dhoni M. Bevan Allrounder: K.Dev Bowlers: W.Akram J. Garner M.Muralitharan G. McGrath

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend smalishah84's Avatar
    I don't think Dhoni belongs in an AT Test XI
    And smalishah's avatar is the most classy one by far Jan certainly echoes the sentiments of CW

Yeah we don't crap in the first world; most of us would actually have no idea what that was emanating from Ajmal's backside. Why isn't it roses and rainbows like what happens here? PEWS's retort to Ganeshran on Daemon's picture depicting Ajmal's excreta

U19 Debutant
    Anil Kumble , the man has done it all over the world and in the post-2000 batting days was very good as well..my choice neversaydie Jumbo..

International Debutant Salamuddin's Avatar
    I am AMAZED that not many people picked VVS Laxman in the middle order.

Reckon he's massively underrated - I don't think I have ever seen a better subcontnental batsman when the chips were down.
    Strong record in both Australia and Southe Africa - the two best teams of his generation.
    All four of India's test wins this decade in Aus and RSA featured major VVS contributions.

Miandad by contrast is a bit overrated - never did that well against the West Indies the best team of his generation and he only did well against Oz in Pakistan.
    Zinedine Zidane is the greatest footballer ever !

Richard Dickinson - you little beauty !!!!

Bro Javed is not overrated, If ne thing the guy doesnt really get his due. Failing against the WI of the 80s is nothing to be ashamed that was arguably the greatest bowling attack of all time (better than both Australia and RSA of VVS' time)
    Cause Slifer said so.........!!!!

International Debutant Salamuddin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Slifer View Post
    Bro Javed is not overrated, If ne thing the guy doesnt really get his due. Failing against the WI of the 80s is nothing to be ashamed that was arguably the greatest bowling attack of all time (better than both Australia and RSA of VVS' time)
    Great players are "great" for a reason - they stand up when the going gets tough ie the bowling is top notch, the conditions are difficulty or both.

Saying that the Windies were an awesome bowling makes his failure (a sub 30 average) all the more galling - especially considering he is rated so highly.
    Hre also failed against Australia down under - getting runs in Oz imo is a litmus test for an subcontinent batsman worth his salt.

I hope u r not asserting that somehow VVS is a great and Javed isnt. In ne event most pundits probably consider Javed to be a top 20 batsman, somewhat outside the very top ten. Among SC batsmen he's probably only behind Sachin, Gavaskar, (and maybe Dravid and Sanga) but thats it.

Javed's failure vs the WI is certainly a serious drawback in his CV but it doesnt stop him from being great. he made runs vs other great bowlers from his generation (ex hadlee et al).

The 1987/88 Tour of the West Indies by Pakistan was a great series played by two great teams. Final score 1-1.

Javed Miandad scored 2 centuries and averaged 56.40 for the series. This tilts things in Javed's favour for mine.
    Last edited by watson; 19-11-2012 at 10:19 PM.
    Len Hutton - Jack Hobbs - Ted Dexter - David Gower - Walter Hammond - Frank Woolley - Ian Botham - Alan Knott - Hedley Verity - John Snow - Fred Trueman

Victor Trumper - Bill Lawry - Don Bradman - Greg Chappell - Allan Border - Keith Miller - Adam Gilchrist - Alan Davidson - Shane Warne - Dennis Lillee - Glenn McGrath

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend smalishah84's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by watson View Post
    The 1987/88 Tour of the West Indies by Pakistan was a great series played by two great teams. Finally score 1-1.

Javed Miandad scored 2 centuries and averaged 56.40 for the series. This tilts things in Javed's favour for mine.
    Had come in to post this.

The 87-88 series against WI in WI was one of the best that Javed played.

Miandad was also a better player of spin bowling and more consistent.

Miandad was also pretty decent when the chips were down and was very good at batting with the tail.

I am guessing Salamuddin never saw Miandad bat.

Im guessing he didnt. He needs to have a look at Javeds masterclass 270 odd vs sir Richard on a typical NZ green top.

Kumble.

Also wtf at Javed being over-rated....compare his stats to his contemporaries and he comes out very favourably.
    5-0

RIP Craig Walsh (Craig) 1985-2012

Proudly supporting the #2 cricketer of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by Salamuddin View Post
    I am AMAZED that not many people picked VVS Laxman in the middle order.

Reckon he's massively underrated - I don't think I have ever seen a better subcontnental batsman when the chips were down.
    Strong record in both Australia and Southe Africa - the two best teams of his generation.
    All four of India's test wins this decade in Aus and RSA featured major VVS contributions.

Miandad by contrast is a bit overrated - never did that well against the West Indies the best team of his generation and he only did well against Oz in Pakistan.
    what?

he owned windies during the memorable 88 tour.

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread Information