• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The India and Pakistan combined ATG Thread : Open Voting

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The problem with picking Inzi or someone over Imran is that while it would improve the batting, the bowling would be kinda compromised too IMO.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
If I was picking this side from the outset, I'd go...

- Sunny Gavaskar
- Virender Sehwag
- Rahul Dravid
- Sachin Tendulkar
- Javed Miandad
- Inzamam ul Haq
- Imran Khan
- Syed Kirmani (wk)
- Wasim Akram
- Waqar Younis
- Bhagwath Chandrasekhar

But I don't think you lose that much if you include Kapil as the extra bowler really....

- Sunny Gavaskar
- Virender Sehwag
- Rahul Dravid
- Sachin Tendulkar
- Javed Miandad
- Imran Khan
- Kapil Dev
- Syed Kirmani (wk)
- Wasim Akram
- Waqar Younis
- Bhagwath Chandrasekhar

And if you wanted to be a bit more creative....

- Sunny Gavaskar
- Farohk Engineer (wk)
- Rahul Dravid
- Sachin Tendulkar
- Javed Miandad
- Inzamam ul Haq
- Imran Khan
- Kapil Dev
- Wasim Akram
- Waqar Younis
- Bhagwath Chandrasekhar

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
Personally like

Sunil Gavaskar
Virender Sehwag
Rahul Dravid
Sachin Tendulkar
Javed Miandad
Mushtaq Mohammad
Imran khan
Syed Kirmani
Wasim Akram
Erapalli Prasanna
Waqar Younis

Anil Kumble would also have added to the batting depth, but with Mushtaq wanted the variety of the off spinner.

AldoRaine18

State Vice-Captain
So, I suppose with the couple of guys who changed their votes from Imran to Inzi, and nothing more coming in, Inzi seals the sixth spot.

Next up, the main spinner. Select ONE, or add your own choice.

Anil Kumble
Saqlain Mushtaq
BS Chandrashekhar
Erapalli Prasanna
S. Venkatraghavan
Bishan Singh Bedi
Abdul Qadir
Harbhajan Singh
Saeed Ajmal
Mushtaq Ahmed
Danish Kaneria
Iqbal Qasim
Subhash Gupte
Vinoo Mankad

AldoRaine18

State Vice-Captain
Edit : I'll change my vote to Gupte as well. Hurried up with the earlier one without looking into all options carefully.

Last edited:

bagapath

International Captain
Subhash Gupte

Please please take a look at his stats again, imagine what he would've achieved with better fielders than those he played with, and vote for him.

smash84

The Tiger King
have heard good things about the indian quartet...not sure which one was the best of the lot though.....heard a lot about prasanna.....but I will hold my vote for now...Bedi has a decent record too

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
As much as I love Abdul Qadir, but as once Smali said he could be hot or cold in his day, so as it's going to be only 4 man attack, don't want to take that extra risk by playing him. Then there is Prasanna, one of India's first world class off-spinners (?) who was successful in both home and away matches; Bishen Bedi with lovely action and flight like a rainbow curve; Chandrashekhar, unorthodox leggie, was instrumental to many victories for India; Saqlain Mushtaq with "doosra" effect and many other notable spinners such as Venkataraghban, Iqbal Qasim (often forgotten), Mushtaq Ahmed, Anil Kumble and the list just goes on and on.

Above them all, there is one Subhash Gupte only. From Garry Sobers to Sunil Gavaskar, many rates him very highly. Sobers took it up a notch and said, "To me, Shane Warne is a great turner of the ball. I like his aggressive attitude, I love the way he attacks batsmen and I give him 100% for that as not enough spinners bowl with that approach, but in my estimation Subhash Gupte was a better legspinner." His line and length was great despite the fact that he was a big turner of the ball; he had a deadly googly as well. Rohan Kanhai, Everton Weekes, Frank Worrell, Colin Cowdrey, Ken Barrington are among many batsmen that he picked up numerous times. Some of them are great players of spin as well.

I pick Subhash Gupte as the spinner here.

Satyanash89

Banned
Gupte for me as well. He has a record that cokpares pretty favourably with chandra, kumble and co, but he played in a team notorious for its pathetic fielding and catching. Helped a great deal too that Sobers and Gavaskar rated him very highly.