• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Colin Miller

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
It's obviously good whenever you get a top order wicket, but here I was thinking he set up Sinclair for the first 5 balls bowling off spin, saw a flaw (one of many) in his technique and decided to bowl the last ball with his medium pacers, now that would have been great.

Don't think bowling 5 balls to the lefty and then changing the plan for the righty is quite as amazing.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
His story is quite remarkable. As a medium-pacer he was never in contention for Australian selection. As a converted spinner he didn't possess any major tricks - relied on accurate and big looping off-breaks. Such a better example of a classical art compared to those who followed since (i.e Hauritz, Cullen and Lyon)

Shame his peak was towards the end. Type of cricketer who was good for the game - crazy **** with his hair.
They weren't looping, they were fast and spat.

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
Sorry you are correct - I more meant that due to his high arm action it gave the impression he was getting plenty of drop on the ball.

Eloquentia

U19 12th Man
Johan Botha was similar. Started out as a fast-medium and converted to spin after an injury or something. And now he's the best player in the Aussie domestic scene.
He genuinely is. Nobody else can bowl spin so he's well above them - plus he can bat as well as lead. The fact that he's elite relative to others in his field by a margin of more than any other domestic cricketer makes him so, I reckon.

Anyone who's actually better than him or so gets called up to the national team, obv.

Chook Herron

School Boy/Girl Captain
Wasn't Miller also able to bowl with both hands? I'm sure I remember hearing about him bowling left handed in either first class or grade cricket?