Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: First Impressions

i'm waiting for the things dingdong likes thread tbh
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    I just love all kinds of balls.

Request Your Custom Title Now! benchmark00's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Is this CricketWeb's greatest poster in the short history of the forum?
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    I don't really consider myself a great long-term judge of ability tbh, particularly on limited evidence. I back myself to evaluate how good someone is now and perhaps what their ceiling is in some cases but a lot of players don't get anywhere near their ceilings. Xuhaib has a better strike rate with that sort of stuff I'd reckon. I will go through and try later anyway if you like though; will be an amusing thing to dig up in 5 years and laugh at anyway.
    There's a reason why you consider DingDong a troll.
    Parmi | #1 draft pick | Jake King is **** | Big Bash League tipping champion of the universe
    Come and Paint Turtle
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Kohli. Do something in test cricket for once please.

Thanks.

State Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    Indeed everyone else should be banned from this thread - except to read what they have written.
    pull ur head in hurricane i never said that
    Member of the bring back Bruce Campbell Campaign.

International Coach flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    Henriques - Better than expected, would be interesting to see him on a pitch that suits his bowling a bit more.

Abbott - Very impressive but beat up a very wounded opponent. Looks a better long term bet than Kleinveldt

Bhuv Kumar?

Locked up inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcuss View Post
    Bhuv Kumar?
    Not unlike a (slightly) sharper version of his brother Praveen, IMHO. Has the kind of action that looks like it'll always bring it back into the right hander, but, as the Warner dismissal showed, moves it both ways.
    Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"I don't believe a word of Pietersen's book, but then I don't believe a word anyone else has said either."
    - Simon Barnes renders further comment on KP's autobiography superfluous in a sentence

Request Your Custom Title Now! benchmark00's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Is this CricketWeb's greatest poster in the short history of the forum?
    He doesn't have a very strong action.

The artist formerly known as Monk Red Hill's Avatar
    ....wrong thread

International Coach
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post
    Not unlike a (slightly) sharper version of his brother Praveen, IMHO. Has the kind of action that looks like it'll always bring it back into the right hander, but, as the Warner dismissal showed, moves it both ways.
    Can move it both ways, but afaik he doesn't bowl an outswinger, so he loses out to Praveen on that one. He gets it to move into the batsmen more than Praveen though.

International Captain wellAlbidarned's Avatar
    Does he have a leg cutter?
    Exit pursuing a beer

Quote Originally Posted by wellAlbidarned View Post
    Does he have a leg cutter?
    Yep. He bowls big inswingers, and leg cutters. The classic combination, and a real treat to watch with the new ball. I'm not completely sold on whether he'll really 'make it' as a Test bowler by any stretch but I like watching him bowl anyway. India have something work with at the very least with a new ball combination of Yadav/Bhuvi, even if the fact that India's development of fast bowlers is terrible will likely banish both to The Wheel.
    Last edited by Prince EWS; 02-03-2013 at 03:03 PM.
    ~ Cribbertarian ~

Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since December 2009

Cricketer Of The Year Cabinet96's Avatar
    India is really one of the places he'd struggle the most as a test bowler, so his performance today/yesterday was pretty encouraging. I'm also not convinced whether he'll be a good test bowler for a long time, as I'm not really sure he has enough weapons when the ball gets old, but he'll be a pretty handy new ball bowler when India visit England in 2014, and could form a decent pace trio with Yadav and someone else. He'll be a pretty good ODI bowler IMO, particularly with two new balls now in use, and I think he'll go really well in the Champions Trophy.

International Coach
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    I'm not sure whether he can get the ball to reverse, but it is likely. Most successful medium pace bowlers in the the Ranji are capable of reverse swing with the SG ball. It's how they pick up wickets at such low averages.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    I'm not sure whether he can get the ball to reverse, but it is likely. Most successful medium pace bowlers in the the Ranji are capable of reverse swing with the SG ball. It's how they pick up wickets at such low averages.
    He only averages mid 20s in the Ranji Trophy I believe an he'd be quite capable of doing that without reversing it given how well he bowls with the new rock IMO. The fact that it's a common skill in India and he seems like quite a skilled bowler does make it pretty likely he can do it to some extent but I don't think the fact that he's been successful really point to it as such; he could be successful domestically without it.

International Coach
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    He only averages mid 20s in the Ranji Trophy I believe an he'd be quite capable of doing that without reversing it given how well he bowls with the new rock IMO. The fact that it's a common skill in India and he seems like quite a skilled bowler does make it pretty likely he can do it to some extent but I don't think the fact that he's been successful really point to it as such; he could be successful domestically without it.
    Oh I wasn't referring specifically to him when I said 'most successful seamers' and 'how they pick up wickets'. I meant those who are quite obviously mediocre non Test standard bowlers but yet collect heaps of wickets season after season. I just included that bit to point out like what you said, it's a common skill to have as a pace bowler in India.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread Information