• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

indian wicket keeper

Long-term Indian wicket keeper

• Ajay Ratra

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Parthiv Patel

Votes: 19 82.6%
  • Deep Das Gupta

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • MSK Prasad

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Vijay Dahiya

• Thilak Naidu

• Dinesh Kartik

• Any other (specify)

Votes: 2 8.7%

• Total voters

amits

Banned
parthiv isnt a good wicket keeper. the stats never show the no of dropped catches and missed stumpings and i am :!( to c only 1 vote for ajay ratra and 12 votes for parthiv patel.

what has ajay ratra done wrong ? y dont u guys need him in the team. parthivs keeping sucks and he cant even score runs quickly while batting and cant even hit a 6.

parthiv, has conceded lots of byes. almost 10% of the oppositions runs come in byes conceded by parthiv. he drops lots of catches and misses stumpings.

parthiv, should play in more ranji and duleep trophy games. for the national team, it should be ajay ratra.

V Reddy

International Debutant
Amit , you are saying as if Ajay is a very good keeper. He dropped quite a few chances too when he was in the team and wasn't scoring any runs either. Ratra scored that hundred on one of the flattest pitches you will ever see against a mediocre attack. Dasgupta is a better option than Ratra if you want to drop Patel. He did well in SAF against SAF and scored a century against England too.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
vishnureddy said:
Amit , you are saying as if Ajay is a very good keeper. He dropped quite a few chances too when he was in the team and wasn't scoring any runs either. Ratra scored that hundred on one of the flattest pitches you will ever see against a mediocre attack.
I remember that innings. Comprised of a few streaky shots too. As I said before, Ratra really isn't that good.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
amits said:
what has ajay ratra done wrong ? y dont u guys need him in the team. parthivs keeping sucks and he cant even score runs quickly while batting and cant even hit a 6.
Ratra has shown very little evidence of being able to bat apart from one innings on a road. And why do you need to hit sixes in Tests?

parthiv, has conceded lots of byes. almost 10% of the oppositions runs come in byes conceded by parthiv. he drops lots of catches and misses stumpings.
Parthiv Patel - Test Career

England 617 - Byes 9
England 273 - Byes 1
England 309 - Byes 3
WI 157 - Byes 0
WI 188 - Byes 8
WI 167 - Byes 8
WI 229 - Byes 12
WI 497 - Byes 4
NZ 247 - Byes 6
NZ 36 - Byes 0
NZ 94 - Byes 1
NZ 160 - Byes 0
NZ 340 - Byes 4
NZ 272 - Byes 4
NZ 630 - Byes 21
Aus 323 - Byes 4
Aus 284 - Byes 4

England (Away) - 1199 runs, 13 byes - 1.08%
WI (Home) - 1238 runs, 32 byes - 2.58%
NZ (Away) - 537 runs, 7 byes - 1.30%
NZ (Home) - 1242 runs, 29 byes - 2.33%
Aus (Away) - 607 runs, 8 byes - 1.32%

OVERALL HOME - 2480 runs, 61 byes - 2.46%
OVERALL AWAY - 2343 runs, 28 byes - 1.20%

OVERALL - 4823 runs, 89 byes - 1.85%

You are so far off the mark it's not even funny.

Ajay Ratra - Test Career

WI 245 - Byes 5
WI 275 - Byes 2
WI 394 - Byes 3
WI 5 - Byes 0
WI 629 - Byes 10
WI 422 - Byes 5
WI 197 - Byes 4
Eng 487 - Byes 11
Eng 301 - Byes 5
Eng 515 - Byes 12
Eng 114 - Byes 4

West Indies (Away) - 2167 runs, 29 byes - 1.34%
England (Away) - 1417 runs - 21 byes - 1.48%

OVERALL (ALL AWAY) - 3584 runs, 50 byes - 1.40%

Home and away tours are hardly comparable due to the amount of keeping standing up (much easier to let byes through against spinners) and back that needs to be done. In similar conditions (away from home, it's pretty much as much seam-dominated in NZ, WI, Eng & Aus... ish), Parthiv concedes 1.2% of runs as byes as opposed to Ratra's 1.4%

On the one tour that they both kept in - England 2002 - Parthiv conceded 1.08% and Ratra 1.48%.

Your turn, Amits.

Last edited:

CDAK

U19 Debutant
Neil Pickup said:
Ratra has shown very little evidence of being able to bat apart from one innings on a road. And why do you need to hit sixes in Tests?
Parthiv Patel - Test Career

............rthiv concedes 1.2% of runs as byes as opposed to Ratra's 1.4%

On the one tour that they both kept in - England 2002 - Parthiv conceded 1.08% and Ratra 1.48%.

Your turn, Amits.
Wow.this is incredible!!!:wow: U really have a done a great work..

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
I did 3 'proper' wicket-keepers (well, 2 and Gilchrist). Not home and away - in total.

Alan Knott : 413 byes, 45759 runs - 0.91%
Bob Taylor : 287 byes, 25847 runs - 1.11%
Churchy : 339 byes, 24241 runs - 1.40%

Considering that Adam Gilchrist has Brett to contend with, that's pretty commendable for long-term career stats, I reckon.

Salamuddin

International Debutant
I say give Patel a go.

I actually think he has the potential to become one of the best keeper-batsmen in the world.

A lot of people say he doesn't have an agressive streak to his batting -- but I saw him opening the batting for India at the 2002 Junior World Cup in New Zealand and he was smashing them.
He was quite agressive on last years A tour to South Africa so perhaps he needs some time to develop the confidence to play his shots at senior level.

As for the second keeper, watch out for Dinesh Karthik -- I think he'll be one of the stars at the forthcoming youth world cup and I expect
he'll force his way into the senior squad soon.

Re: Mongia, Mongia's not in the squad not because of his age.
THe word is that he doesn't exactly see eye to eye with players
like Ganguly, Dravid and Tendulkar who've questioned his team commitment.

iamdavid

International Debutant
Very impressive Neil:O

But yeah you really do have a little much spare time:P

Keenly awaits Amits response:lol:

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
jamesryfler said:
Re: Mongia, Mongia's not in the squad not because of his age.
THe word is that he doesn't exactly see eye to eye with players
like Ganguly, Dravid and Tendulkar who've questioned his team commitment.
For commitment see his 150odd when asked to open against Australia if I remember correctly...

iamdavid

International Debutant
Amits

Neil has dedicated some of his (ample) spare time to proving you wrong (did a remarkably good job if I say so myself).
Yet you have not even had the manners to agknowledge you're ignorance :O