• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Malinga Loves Tests - Haters Can Suck It

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
What a crock. If he loved test cricket, he'd play it.

Fact is, he loves the T20 cash cow.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah. Injuries don't just mean 'Oh bother, looks like I'm going to be missing a couple of matches'. There's pain, the obvious frustration at not being able to play the game you love, losing fitness, missing out on earning money, problems you might face when you get older and all kinds of other things depending on the seriousness of the injury.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Interesting read. What actually is his chronic knee condition?

This bit caught my eye:

Malinga said:
the knee injury I have is something only four or five other people in the world have - mostly Aussie Rules football players, no cricketers.
Must be literally dozens of bowling careers curtailed by bum knees, so it's interesting his particular one seems rare in the sport.

Spikey

Must be literally dozens of bowling careers curtailed by bum knees, so it's interesting his particular one seems rare in the sport.

no idea. something similar to adam cooney's? altough cooney's isn't rare i don't think. they just can't fix it.

Burgey

He was never that good a test bowler anyway. Had a weird action. Over rated.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
He was never that good a test bowler anyway. Had a weird action. Over rated.
TBF weird actions aren't necessarily a brake on being a good test performer. Ignoring the vomiting they induce from sensitive souls like me, Ajmal and Murali have both made goes of the longer format.

Not suggesting Malinga's action was "weird" in any rule-threatening sense, I hasten to add.

DriveClub

International Regular
Too many keyboard warriors on this site, if I had a recurring injury problem and had a way out of it which also pays me bloody well I know what I'd do.