Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: NZ 1st test side

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Originally posted by deeps
    pakistan's gonna crush new zealand......no matter wat team they send out! im sorry,but it's the truth!
    I wouldn't be so sure to be honest - If the wrong Pakistan turns up, which is a disctinct possibility, then they could be hammered.
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

latest reports show fleming has either a hernia or a pelvic stress fracture, so therefore will be highly likely that he will miss at least the first test against Pakistan. This would be a huge blow for a captain who has led the side so well.

I dont think Wilson should play in the tests because i feel he needs more local cricket before he goes and plays for the Black Caps. However he did perform well against Auckland who have the likes of Vincent and Richardson. Taking 5 wickets against them is a huge achievement and can only be good in the eyes of the selectors.

International Debutant
    Originally posted by shaka
    latest reports show fleming has either a hernia or a pelvic stress fracture, so therefore will be highly likely that he will miss at least the first test against Pakistan. This would be a huge blow for a captain who has led the side so well.

I dont think Wilson should play in the tests because i feel he needs more local cricket before he goes and plays for the Black Caps. However he did perform well against Auckland who have the likes of Vincent and Richardson. Taking 5 wickets against them is a huge achievement and can only be good in the eyes of the selectors.

The news re Fleming has changed - see the other thread.

Re Wilson - are you forgetting that he already has International caps in ODIs as a youngster?

International Captain thierry henry's Avatar
    Sheesh I'm not sure about Wilson. Wouldn't he be a fair way down the pecking order? He last played 11 years ago. 11 years!

Also, I already posted this in another thread without seeing this one, but here's my team (without Fleming)

Vincent
    Richardson
    McIntosh/Sinclair
    Styris
    McMillan
    Cairns
    Oram
    Hart
    Vettori
    Tuffey
    Butler

Pretty straightforward and it's the same team that the Sunday Star-Times picked today (although i picked mine first!). At first I had McIntosh, but isn't he an opener?? I am always keen to give Sinclair another crack in the tests.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information