• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best ALL ROUND cricketer

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
So we have had threads on best all rounder, best bowling all rounder but which fatty has been the best?

I reckon you will struggle to find a better bat than Inzamam.

Maybe we could make a team of tubbies.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Remember reading somewhere that Grace wasn't that plump in his pomp.

David Boon?

Teja.

Global Moderator
Are we setting a basic cut-off of fatness and then only considering cricketing skillz or are we giving both variables equal weightage to get a fat-good quotient?

If the former, Grace. If the latter - Bradman/Dwayne Leverock.

kingkallis

International Coach
WG Grace
Mark Taylor
David Boon
Inzamam ul Haq
Mike Gatting
Warwick Armstrong
Farrokh Engineer ( + )
Shane Warne
Darren Gough
Eddo Brandes
Merv Hughes

Other notable players :Colin Cowdrey, Jesse Ryder, Arjuna Ranatunga, Akram Khan, Aravinda de Silva, Pat Symcox, Graeme Smith, Heath Streak, Graham Gooch, Darren Lehmann, Wajahatullah Wasti, Ian Austin ( Not sure if he played test cricket though )

I am sure some of the old Indian players would be chubby as well...

Last edited:

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
David Shepherd and Graham Burgess to do the umpiring duties

..... and while I appreciate that Mark Taylor's nickname was "Tubs" surely his place has to go to Ollie Milburn?