• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in Sri Lanka 2012

Flem274*

123/5
off to maccas. if we haven't lost a wicket when i get back...yeah i was gonna make up I'd do something but I'm feeling pretty safe.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Both good, Williamson's was better.

Guptill's was reactionary.

Williamson actually had to launch himself. Superb.

This pair are unstoppable.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
I don't actually think we need to bat aggressively.

Take the lead past 300 by the end of today. That is all we need.

We can bowl them out in 3 sessions.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
So completely uncharted territory here. All these things that Taylor would never have had to think about since becoming captain - how to set up a chase, how many runs we need, how many overs we need to bowl SL out, how much to attack and how early, how to modify plan if lose early wickets, when to declare.

Suggest we want 10 overs of bowling tonight, taking into account that bad light will stop play early.

Mike5181

International Captain
Another 200 from here at a run rate of 3.25 would take around 60 overs. That'd give us 20 overs to have a bowl at them.

Flem274*

123/5
declare at 300 - 350. We don't want them thinking they're dead and buried and batting for the draw from the outset. We need a win; they don't. We need to keep them tempted for 2-0 domination. It might happen but hey, we're 1-0 down as it is.

Also chuffed to not see a wicket fell when i got home.

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain
declare at 300 - 350. We don't want them thinking they're dead and buried and batting for the draw from the outset. We need a win; they don't. We need to keep them tempted for 2-0 domination. It might happen but hey, we're 1-0 down as it is.

Also chuffed to not see a wicket fell when i got home.
Yep, I don't really see why NZ would want to be conservative