• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in Sri Lanka 2012

BeeGee

International Captain
No, we're still ahead.
There's not enough time left in this game for NZ to win it. It's day four and SL are still batting in their first innings. Even if a miracle happened and NZ were batting again before lunch, NZ would still need to bowl SL out in one day on a good batting deck.

Credit to Randiv and Samaraweera. At 128 for 6 SL were in deep trouble, but their partnership has all but saved the game for them.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
"It's not my fault they keep getting out. It's like I should be apologising. I've bowled it, it's pitched on middle, gone on and you've missed it. Gee, what a wanker."
Takes himself very seriously. He'll have a google alert set for himself so g'day Lance Dry, everyone thinks you try too hard. And that you're part of the Sam Whitelock All Stars as people who closely resemble their last name.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Haha Sue Yoo is a beauty. I don't know if Lucious Pusey resembles his name but certainly Robert does, and given Mr Yoo Suk failed three times at 5.50m, he does too.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
There's not enough time left in this game for NZ to win it. It's day four and SL are still batting in their first innings. Even if a miracle happened and NZ were batting again before lunch, NZ would still need to bowl SL out in one day on a good batting deck.
I think there's plenty of time.

4 wickets before lunch is very gettable. If the lead is 150 odd at that stage, bat until just before the end of play and send them in again. We should be able to manage another 200 runs in just under 2 sessions.

Things tend to happen on day 5.

Teja.

Global Moderator
Have a feeling the morning will see a flurry of early wickets to the pace bowling.

Game will head to a draw though.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Can we just pretend that Kane sprained his elbow bowling yesterday, so that Timmeh can just grab the ball straight away?

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Had been preparing myself for a disappointing first session all afternoon... but this is brilliant.

Batting the next major hurdle.

Oh wait, there's the 10th wicket stand to worry about too. /followingNZcausesanxiety