• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in Sri Lanka 2012

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
So assuming we're going to be bowled out give wickets away for 150 in the second innings, we can afford what, minimum 100 run lead to give us a chance? 250 may be just defendable if the pitch breaks up a bit.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Pleased to see Randiv batting well; he was a serious batsman as a youth cricketer and he's always looked capable when I've watched him, but he's seriously under-performed throughout his domestic career, especially early on. It seems like he enjoys the better batting wickets he gets internationally even though the bowling is so much better.

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
If there's one rule which needs to die, it's bad light. Set the playing hours and ****ing stick to them like every other damn sport.

Flem274*

123/5
Pleased to see Randiv batting well; he was a serious batsman as a youth cricketer and he's always looked capable when I've watched him, but he's seriously under-performed throughout his domestic career, especially early on. It seems like he enjoys the better batting wickets he gets internationally even though the bowling is so much better.
Stop watching this test then ****.

Flem274*

123/5
Stage is set for Martin Guptill to save his career tomorrow with 74 (80) including two drops and a close lbw shout going for the declaration as his fellows collapse to 150 all out around him.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
This is so typically New Zealand. Get into a position form which any competent and confident team would push on to a win, and then meekly surrender the advantage. ****.

Only hope now as for Timmeh to break through fast and often tomorrow morning. If SL are still in by lunch, this game is dead.

Mike5181

International Captain
Far out, Taylor could be in trouble with this over rate. Patel and Astle bowled quite a few overs as well.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
On this wicket with this little movement, you'd generally expect edges to be thick rather than thin, so I would think third slip very important.
Yup.

They always have an extra slip in for Southee because he's outswing. And then we always see thick edged flying off Boult.

Very frustrating.

Fresh day tomorrow boys.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Far out, Taylor could be in trouble with this over rate. Patel and Astle bowled quite a few overs as well.
Always thought Jeets gets through his overs very slowly for a spinner. But the real issue is the glacial changing of the ends by the fielders.

Grasshopper

State Vice-Captain
This is so typically New Zealand. Get into a position form which any competent and confident team would push on to a win, and then meekly surrender the advantage. ****.

Only hope now as for Timmeh to break through fast and often tomorrow morning. If SL are still in by lunch, this game is dead.
No, we're still ahead.

Flem274*

123/5
I'm reading the SA in NZ thread and we were whinging about Guptill there too. It's annoying because there is literally no other opener in NZ who hand on heart you can say is ready for test cricket.

So instead of beating myself up about him being in the side I have a different tactic: pretend he doesn't exist except when fielding.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
I'm reading the SA in NZ thread and we were whinging about Guptill there too. It's annoying because there is literally no other opener in NZ who hand on heart you can say is ready for test cricket.

So instead of beating myself up about him being in the side I have a different tactic: pretend he doesn't exist except when fielding.
He did probably save us 70 or 80 runs with that catch today.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
So SL 192/3 today - it was always going to be a hard slog for us to get wickets and tbh I would have been happy enough with that from first 70 overs today. It's a real problem losing all these overs though - no way they'll be able to make them up.

Disappointed we didn't get a breakthrough early with the second new ball. Must get one early in the morning and hope that more follow.