• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in Sri Lanka 2012

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Tim Southee is the best fast bowler in the world right now.

I've been watching SA Aus. Siddle and Morkel have bowled hard, Steyn's been a little ordinary, Pattinson has had flashes of brilliance.

None of them have even had the consistent length and rhythm of Southee. He used to bowl the odd hit me ball but he's eliminated that and now he's even bowling well with no swing or deviation off the pitch.

Allan Donald gave him the confidence. Damien Wright, gave him more consistency and it looks like Shane Bond has given him the extra motivation.
Best Post.

Xuhaib

International Coach

I've been watching SA Aus. Siddle and Morkel have bowled hard, Steyn's been a little ordinary, Pattinson has had flashes of brilliance.

None of them have even had the consistent length and rhythm of Southee. He used to bowl the odd hit me ball but he's eliminated that and now he's even bowling well with no swing or deviation off the pitch.

Allan Donald gave him the confidence. Damien Wright, gave him more consistency and it looks like Shane Bond has given him the extra motivation.
Not there yet but always liked him knew he would come good one day.

Flem274*

123/5

bit overexicited tbh. when he smashes SA and England we'll gloat.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Taylor's is gonna cope a match ban very soon. Not even at lunch and already nearly 10 overs behind schedule.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
We'll know if it was Kruger's fault because Stevo will come to the party.

He never disappoints. He wants to see KrugerVW in the welcome to our newest member section for some action.
I really could have addressed the above by quoting this. I didn't see the drop but I have no doubt that poison dwarf was the root of the error. Get Gup in there bare-handed.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Southee needs to bowl like this for a full year before people can start talking about where he ranks in the world. He's only been back in the side for 3 matches.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
by the way how come you guys suddenly started playing so much test cricket?
Just a quirk of the schedule. We always play virtually zero test cricket in a world cup year, and then make it up over the next couple. Always averages out to roughly 8 tests per year over the 4 year cycle.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
very overexcited haha.

Just good to see this controlled aggression and professionalism on flat wickets against some damn good batsmen.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Seen it now, Taylor should have caught it but any decent keeper takes that with one simple stride to the right. We're going to miss chances wider in the cordon because short arse can't catch anything outside his torso.

Anyway...can't believe how different Tim looks in the space of 12 months.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
very overexcited haha.

Just good to see this controlled aggression and professionalism on flat wickets against some damn good batsmen.
Yeah, it is exciting. Southee's average has dropped by eight runs since coming back into the side against India.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
very overexcited haha.

I liked your post - I didn't read it that you were saying he is actually better than Steyn. You were just saying he is the form bowler.

I am not sure I was going to agree with your view but I found the last sentence excellent in particular about the coaches.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
I liked your post - I didn't read it that you were saying he is actually better than Steyn. You were just saying he is the form bowler.
Yup.
just read my overexcited paragraph again and I spot a rogue comma in the last sentence.

it's killing me. had to edit it out. Anyone who quoted it, please nuke that comma. I will be forever in your debt.

Flem274*

123/5
Seen it now, Taylor should have caught it but any decent keeper takes that with one simple stride to the right. We're going to miss chances wider in the cordon because short arse can't catch anything outside his torso.

Anyway...can't believe how different Tim looks in the space of 12 months.
You should write your magnum opus in one post on Kruger so we can have all the reasons you hate him. Gogogogo you good thing!