• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in Sri Lanka 2012

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
It's amazing the difference in Southee's body language to a year or two ago. Then he was fodder and he knew it. Now (in my imagination) he looks at the batsman like they're his prey and he knows how to get them.

I also suspect it really helps him having Boult at the other end - they're used to bowling together and I think also Boult is quite a clever bowler.

Haha, yeah. He used to seem like a **** in a sort of slightly pathetic, tryhard way, now he's still a **** but it's more like "I own you, bitch"

Last edited:

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
That would've been a peach to a left hander. Boult struggling a little to hit the right lines with the swing.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
mathews looks much more assured than his team mates thus far.

im not gambhiring either. i rate him.
Yeah, really agree. Southee's swinging the ball now and Matthews looks far more assured against him than any of the other batsmen did when it was gun barrel straight.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
mathews looks much more assured than his team mates thus far.

im not gambhiring either. i rate him.
Yep; he's got a really good technique against pace and swing. He's not as good a player of spin as the blokes who bat 3 to 5 and he's had some struggles batting with the tail effectively, so of course he bats number six...

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Boult needs to get a little closer to the off stump.

Reckon' Southee shouldn't bother with the short stuff. Hit good areas, swing it and then try and ping Matthews with the off cutter.

That bat was so cute.