Page 65 of 150 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775115 ... LastLast
Results 961 to 975 of 2245

Thread: *Official* New Zealand in Sri Lanka 2012

  1. #961
    Cricketer Of The Year Bahnz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    On top of a pile of money, surrounded by many beautiful women
    Posts
    9,442
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    no way. the cut is for short off side filth and the sweep for full legside filth. you need to cash in on those or it becomes far too easy. a seamer can just settle on back of a length outside off, completely negating the front foot drives and in your plan causing a reliance in pulls and hooks from outside off to the onside, or the back foot drive.
    If their bowlers want to waste the first session of the test bowling short and wide, let 'em. Also, Sri Lanka's seam bowling attack Kulasekara aside, is young and inexperienced, I'd wager they'd go search for something after too long.
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    I can think of a list of Sydney Grade posters who would contribute a better average post than Bahnz.
    Maow like no one can hear you maowing.

  2. #962
    Request Your Custom Title Now! Flem274*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    We all know Blocky
    Posts
    32,677
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahnz View Post
    If their bowlers want to waste the first session of the test bowling short and wide, let 'em. Also, Sri Lanka's seam bowling attack Kulasekara aside, is young and inexperienced, I'd wager they'd go search for something after too long.
    driving is far more dangerous than cutting. on the cut you can only be beaten by bounce, not movement. sure you might edge it behind but you should get bat on it if you get the length right. for a back foot square drive you need the line and the length judged correctly. no one should ever shelve the cut unless they really can't play it, like Ponting has for whatever reason.

    if sri lanka bowl short and wide, they need to be smashed because attack when its in the channel or on off is inhererently more risky, so width and legside filth needs to go the distance because Kula and Herath aren't going to give us much of that.

    taylors main problem is he can go walking too much. thats when youre more likely to **** up the line of the ball because the further from your castle you are the harder it is to remember where they are to the exactness you can if you stay nice and still. its ironic because i suspect he goes walking in order to cover his stumps, but then he doesn't leave the danger balls.
    Last edited by Flem274*; 24-11-2012 at 11:15 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Jeets doesn't really deserve to be bowling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    in the future where we're all social justice-y Cribb can ride down the street to pick up some raw milk from Coles on a motorised esky while smoking meth, firing an RPG into the air, and carrying the case of British-import Stella he's polygamously (and privately) married alongside a genderfluid Zambian businessperson and a coke-snorting 18-year-old cyborg girl.
    Proudly supporting Central Districts
    RIP Craig Walsh

  3. #963
    Request Your Custom Title Now! Flem274*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    We all know Blocky
    Posts
    32,677
    just like that, KW gets four from the first ball by cashing in on the rare filth.

  4. #964
    Request Your Custom Title Now! Flem274*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    We all know Blocky
    Posts
    32,677
    hey its like KW has remembered he's a total gun again.


  5. #965
    Cricketer Of The Year Bahnz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    On top of a pile of money, surrounded by many beautiful women
    Posts
    9,442
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    driving is far more dangerous than cutting. on the cut you can only be beaten by bounce, not movement. sure you might edge it behind but you should get bat on it if you get the length right. for a back foot square drive you need the line and the length judged correctly. no one should ever shelve the cut unless they really can't play it, like Ponting has for whatever reason.

    if sri lanka bowl short and wide, they need to be smashed because attack when its in the channel or on off is inhererently more risky, so width and legside filth needs to go the distance because Kula and Herath aren't going to give us much of that.

    taylors main problem is he can go walking too much. thats when youre more likely to **** up the line of the ball because the further from your castle you are the harder it is to remember where they are to the exactness you can if you stay nice and still. its ironic because i suspect he goes walking in order to cover his stumps, but then he doesn't leave the danger balls.
    Not the way Taylor is playing it at the moment. His driving is confident and technically correct, and he's picking the line and length well. There's no movement off the surface on this pitch, and while there is some bounce, it's true and consistent.

    His cutting looks awkward. He's crouching low and swinging his arms wildly, and is often cutting when the ball is way to close to him. He might start to play it better after some time spent at the crease, but for the moment, he should be playing within himself and sticking to his strengths.

    Anyway, Kulasekara isn't really offering up much of the short and wide variety, so it's a bit of a moot point for now.

    Lovely couple of shots played there by Williamson. .
    Last edited by Bahnz; 24-11-2012 at 11:23 PM.

  6. #966
    Cricketer Of The Year wellAlbidarned's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Obscure reference
    Posts
    8,188
    He's batting so well he's sent my internet back to the stone age
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Neesham
    Root always sets up the innings well. It's nice having BJ down the order to finish the innings off.
    Exit pursuing a beer

  7. #967
    International Captain straw man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    l
    Posts
    6,774
    I know in theory Williamson is good with his feet vs spinners but to actually see him do it twice .

    It makes me nervous. Things can't be this good

    No idea why SL are still bowling seamers.

  8. #968
    Cricketer Of The Year wellAlbidarned's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Obscure reference
    Posts
    8,188
    A quality spinner being hit out of the attack against NZ - there's a first

  9. #969
    Request Your Custom Title Now! Flem274*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    We all know Blocky
    Posts
    32,677
    filth from randiv

    watch him get a wicket

  10. #970
    Request Your Custom Title Now! Flem274*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    We all know Blocky
    Posts
    32,677
    herath was really trying to nail taylors pads in those two balls. got it wrong but itstl.

  11. #971
    Cricketer Of The Year wellAlbidarned's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Obscure reference
    Posts
    8,188
    Urg, Kane still hanging his bat away from the pad there. He's earned a couple of gold stars though I'll let it slide.

  12. #972
    International Coach Hurricane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Don't be jealous of the Georgie Pie super smash
    Posts
    12,534
    Good stuff only two down at lunch. For another team they might be dissapointed to have lost more than 1 wicket but for us it is good.
    I got great enjoyment shouting "WHY THE **** ISN'T THIS GAME BEING PLAYED AT THE BASIN?!>!?!?" to reasonably significant cheers from the sparse crowd
    one day NZ will bring chappell to his knees in a puddle of his own tears and you'll see Phlegm on his belly greedily tasting every delicious tear before watching the hope fade from that old ****s eyes.
    Overrated XI Warner, Rutherford, Steve Smith, Rahane, Bairstow, Alecz Day, Donovan Grobelaar, Luke Ronchi, Faulkner, Dan Christian, Permaul

  13. #973
    Request Your Custom Title Now! Flem274*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    We all know Blocky
    Posts
    32,677
    that went well. i mean the openers being crap was always going to happen but these two have played very well. KW looks the best ive seen him since his debut.

    so to be our usual 150/5 it looks like flynn will have to resign himself to a low score. room for these two to get to 50 though.

  14. #974
    International Captain straw man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    l
    Posts
    6,774
    Well, that was a surprisingly good session. Well done Taylor and Williamson - both had some luck early but after surviving that they have a chance to go on.

  15. #975
    Cricketer Of The Year Bahnz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    On top of a pile of money, surrounded by many beautiful women
    Posts
    9,442
    Not much turn on offer. No reason why these two shouldn't go on and make hundreds today. We'll need it with van Wyk at 6.



Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. *Official* Sri Lanka Tri-Series
    By James in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 1668
    Last Post: 02-09-2010, 11:42 PM
  2. *Official* India in Sri Lanka 2010 - Tests
    By Sir Alex in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 1715
    Last Post: 13-08-2010, 12:06 PM
  3. *Official* Sri Lanka in India
    By James in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 1541
    Last Post: 01-01-2010, 03:32 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •