• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in Sri Lanka 2012

Athlai

Not Terrible
Jonathan: "I'm really impressed with both Taylor & Williamson's composure. Particularly Taylor, who I didn't think was capable of such a mature innings. Here's hoping at least one of these two makes his century a mammoth one. PS: Just so I don't jinx things, I should add that I still expect a dramatic batting collapse any moment."

Comments like this always annoy me. Have you seen none of Taylor's other hundreds?

Flem274*

123/5
for some reason there's a section of nz fans who really have it in for taylor despite him being by far and away our best batsmen, and they make up stuff to abuse him for. most of the time he's out driving, not slog sweeping for a start.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Jonathan: "I'm really impressed with both Taylor & Williamson's composure. Particularly Taylor, who I didn't think was capable of such a mature innings. Here's hoping at least one of these two makes his century a mammoth one. PS: Just so I don't jinx things, I should add that I still expect a dramatic batting collapse any moment."

Comments like this always annoy me. Have you seen none of Taylor's other hundreds?
Tbf, it's been a long time since Taylor really ground out a hundred like this. The only one that jumps to mind is his hundred v England in 2008 at Hamilton.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
I dislike the 'it's all well and good they're scoring hundreds but it's too slow' crap from punters on cricinfo a lot more.

Hopefully the Taylor shouldn't be captain stuff can go away for a while again. Laughable that the media want to pinpoint that as the root of all evil. There's 10 issues that are affecting us before you start talking about the guy who calls the coin.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Taylor's still not picking the right length for the sweep. Also looks like he's trying to hit it too hard and is getting a bit wild with the stroke.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Was a little surprised about how woeful Mathew's bowling figures. Thought he was considered a genuine allrounder. Statz say Ryder is better.

(probably did not check)