• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in Sri Lanka 2012

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
Fact: Every time MacMillian says "proactive" ocean levels rise by 1cm due to world's population simultaneously projectile-vomiting.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!

The $6 surprises me. Not enough to set up an account and put money on it, though.

Flem274*

123/5
right so that was awesome. the openers sucked but that's expected, and tbf to baz he was sawn off. these two - where was that last test?

pitch is a road atm so we need to bat all day tomorrow and hopefully on the last few days the pitch deteriorates.

Meridio

International Regular
Bah, typical. Stupid rain. That'll be it for the day you'd think.

Great batting by these two, but we still need a lot more. Pitch seems pretty flat, no seam movement that I've seen and it's not turning too much either. If we want to win (haha) we'll need to make a huge first innings score (lol) and then rely on scoreboard pressure to make the SL batsmen panic.

Probably stating the obvious here, but the rest of our batting looks decidedly dodgy, so would like double tons from both of these two please. Also, cbf looking, but is this the longest innings Taylor has played? 241 balls atm, I seem to remember all his other centuries have been scored pretty quickly.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, I actually made a disparaging comment the other day about taylor being unable to bat for 250 balls, so obviously this is really pleasing. Would still like to see him and Kane pick up a few more 1s and 2s, but given the shambles of the last test, I can understand the conservative approach.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
I was quite happy to see the rain. I think Taylor and Williamson were too. Press the reset button overnight. We need them to go on.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Awesome stuff from these two. Really pleased for them both.

Also, 'Andrew' commenting on cricinfo
"While I am happy to see New Zealand batsmen occupy the crease, I am frustrated at the snails pace they are going along at," a hard-to-please Andrew says.
...needs to be shot out of a cannon

without a helmet

Flem274*

123/5
just realised how much CD and ND dominate this team numbers wise. need to come up with a joint name to refer to the NZ side from now on.

Stag Knights is my contribution. thank you and goodnight.