• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in Sri Lanka 2012

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
You can so tell Kula will be the scapegoat if NZ or Australia put 500 on them in their next few tests. Bowls 125kph in good channels and has easily outbowled Eranga in this series, but he's the kind of bowler who will look terrible if he goes wicketless.
Or perhaps not - hasn't he been the one constant in SL's pace attack between our last tour in 08 and now? Is a good bowler with a little assistance from conditions.

vandem

International 12th Man
Impressed by Taylor's maturity. 23 overs between boundaries, can imaging BMc exploding rather than allow that. This pair have added the last 50 in 1s and 2s, hope they bat well into the evening session to get their rewards.

Last edited:

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah but do you actually think Astle deserves a spot over Bracewell? The only reason you should ever play two spinners is if they're actually two of your best bowlers.
Yeah I agree.

I'm not sure whether Astle deserves the spot over Bracewell but if you're going to give a spot to a bowler it should be taken from another bowler.

If you're going to sub out Franklin it should be for a batsman (lol Nicol).

But I guess they negate that by calling both of them allrounders.

If Astle's an all rounder surely he should bat above van Wyk?

Flem274*

123/5
what were the odds on that and did any lucky bugger win a bet on this session?

best batting from nz we've seen in a while.

Howsie

International Captain
So that should be the end of Franklin and his test career yes? That's one positive out of this tour I suppose.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Wonderful innings Taylor!

Lucksacked his way through the first 20 or 30 but to his great credit has been controlled and generally very good since then.