• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in Sri Lanka 2012

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
I just don't understand why we need 3 fast bowlers and 2 spinners.

2 spinners 2 seamers fine. Honestly, I think Franklin should be playing instead of Bracewell.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member

2 spinners 2 seamers fine. Honestly, I think Franklin should be playing instead of Bracewell.
:sick: much better to back Bracewell to bowl better this match imo.

I was 50:50 on Franklin vs Tastle - both seem not particularly likely to achieve much. But you never know.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Eranga gave a few easy runs away with that field after lunch. Nice way to ease back into it.

A few maidens and more difficult scoring with Herath now. Hopefully Taylor can keep his head.

Flem274*

123/5

Franko probably outbowled him as well.
Bracewell is far more likely to take 5fer and is a genuine bowler though, and on current form the batting difference is negligible, with Dougeh possessing the better technique.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
I was with you for the first sentence. That second part... Wuhhhh?
Bracewell is far more likely to take 5fer and is a genuine bowler though, and on current form the batting difference is negligible, with Dougeh possessing the better technique.

Yes, Bracewell is a genuine bowler, but we have 4 of them in the team. Franklin is (supposedly) a genuine batsman. I'm not the biggest Franklin fan but he performed reasonably with the bat in India.

The bright side is that neither of them is Nicol.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Although we're not scoring much at the moment, just need to get through this period with Herath bowling. Preferably with two singles per Herath over so Williamson is not constantly on strike.

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
Yes, Bracewell is a genuine bowler, but we have 4 of them in the team. Franklin is (supposedly) a genuine batsman. I'm not the biggest Franklin fan but he performed reasonably with the bat in India.

The bright side is that neither of them is Nicol.
Yeah but do you actually think Astle deserves a spot over Bracewell? The only reason you should ever play two spinners is if they're actually two of your best bowlers.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
That was an impressive sweat trickle out of the helmet there. Looks pretty energy-sapping.

Flem274*

123/5
You can so tell Kula will be the scapegoat if NZ or Australia put 500 on them in their next few tests. Bowls 125kph in good channels and has easily outbowled Eranga in this series, but he's the kind of bowler who will look terrible if he goes wicketless.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Sri Lanka's ground fielding has been terrible - that's about the fifth time they've let runs through and at least the second for Sangakkara