Page 47 of 150 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797147 ... LastLast

Thread: *Official* New Zealand in Sri Lanka 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Bahnz View Post
    I admire Guptill's determination to improve as a batsman in the longer form of the game, but if he seriously wants to get better, he'd be better off signing up for some Ranji Trophy cricket rather than playing for Gloucestershire.
    He's still got major issues with his defence around off stump too so playing for Gloucs is hardly the worst idea in the world. You have to walk before you can run so I think it's better that he does iron out the faults that keep getting him out at home before he tackles this sort of stuff.
    Last edited by Prince EWS; 18-11-2012 at 04:53 AM.
    ~ Cribbage ~

Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since December 2009

On top of a pile of money, surrounded by many beautiful women
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    oh come on

that better have been off the fielders helmet otherwise mccullum can gagf. what a useless ****, especiallly since the likes of watling and flynn bat all over the shop to suit the team.

if this **** wants to be an opener, he needs to start batting like one or we'll pick a less talented **** who actually wants to put the work in.
    Maybe some ego-pricking headlines would help. How about:

Braindead McCullum continues to bat like a massive dick
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    I can think of a list of Sydney Grade posters who would contribute a better average post than Bahnz.
    Maow like no one can hear you maowing.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Flem274*'s Avatar
    Maybe some ego-pricking headlines would help. How about:

Braindead McCullum continues to bat like a massive dick
    make him 12th man for a test imo.

at least nicol tries not to be a bad test batsman; he's just not equiped as it stands in the first place right now. mccullum can play at this level and chooses to be an idiot.

i mean wtf was that shot? we already had 6+ from the over to a well placed shot, and he goes and hits the poorer ball straight down the throat of the outfielder waiting out there for him to repeat that exact same shot.

what a complete muppet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Jeets doesn't really deserve to be bowling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Well yeah Tendy is probably better than Bradman, but Bradman was 70 years ago, if he grew up in the modern era he'd still easily be the best. Though he wasn't, can understand the argument for Tendy even though I don't agree.
    Proudly supporting Central Districts
    RIP Craig Walsh

yay stumps

International Captain wellAlbidarned's Avatar
    I admire Guptill's determination to improve as a batsman in the longer form of the game, but if he seriously wants to get better, he'd be better off signing up for some Ranji Trophy cricket rather than playing for Gloucestershire.
    Might as well send the whole top 7 tbh
    Exit pursuing a beer

Takes a unique batting mind (either his or Timmeh's tbf) to go up there tbh. Two runs between 4 and 6 ffs. Well done. Press Esc and have another game.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Feral Abacus View Post
    Another exaggerated personality stereotype conspiracy brought to you by Kippax.
    NZ RAIN RADAR . TAB CRICKET OPTIONS . KIPPAX CRICKET . DOOR TO THE VAULT

Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    make him 12th man for a test imo.

at least nicol tries not to be a bad test batsman; he's just not equiped as it stands in the first place right now. mccullum can play at this level and chooses to be an idiot.

i mean wtf was that shot? we already had 6+ from the over to a well placed shot, and he goes and hits the poorer ball straight down the throat of the outfielder waiting out there for him to repeat that exact same shot.

what a complete muppet.
    I don't necessarily mind that he decided to go after the ball, but someone seriously needs to tell him that you still get 4 for hitting it along the ground.

International 12th Man AndyZaltzHair's Avatar
    all the makings of a fascinating test match
    Originally Spoken by Brendon McCullum
    You have got to earn the right to be aggressive.

Putting it down to the second innings alone probably puts it further in Sri Lanka's favour.

Hall of Fame Member NZTailender's Avatar
    As I'm pessimistic about our second innings performances, (and that I feared he would've also been out before stumps) I'm just going to go ahead and throw out a super-jinx call and say Williamson will produce a how-to-play-spin-gem of a century that will set us up with a good shot at winning. I hope...
    President of SKAS - Kat is King | Proud member of CVAAS - One of the best | LRPLTAS - Rosco rocks!
    The NZTailender Supporting XI:
    H Rutherford, T Latham, N Broom, M Bracewell, D Brownlie, BJ Watling, D de Boorder+, M Henry, B Wheeler, H Bennett, A Milne
    Go Tigers!
    R.I.P. Fardin & Craig

New Zealand need Taylor to go big today. With McCullum out he's easily the best player of spin left in the side.

International Captain straw man's Avatar
    Agree Taylor is the main hope. After that first test against India and second test century he's clearly decided he's going to play hyper-aggressively in the subcontinent - perhaps too early in that first innings dismissal. Still, will roll the dice and it could come off. If he scores 130 we might get 250 and set up a 220 run chase. SL would still be big favourites but we'd have a chance.

After seeing Jimmy James "no confidence" Franklin gain 10kph after taking a wicket Athlai's prediction might have some merit. Once he got that first score in ODIs he started churning them out.

Hopelessly optimistic, but come on please work...

Hall of Fame Member chaminda_00's Avatar
    Brillant come back from Mahela and Mathews, would have been nice for some more runs from the lower order. But any lead is good lead. Hearth once again nabs a wicket just when we need it.

Re: Migara and Cribbs from 10 pages back before the all one line dribble, regarding Mathews batting position and Chandimal.

I don't necessary disagree that Mathews would do a good job at opening as he is better against pace then spin and he has the technique to succeed as a opener. So would Jayawardene if that was the main logic required.

Yes it would mean freeing up a middle order spot to get in Chandimal. But this one the reasons innings is why we need him down the order because of his ability to rescue the team if we lose a couple wickets.

Also if he opened the a batting and started to bowl more regularly. He would be injured every five minutes like Watson. His best position for the overall team is 4-6.

Yes Chandimal needs to be in the side someone where, as he is too good to sit on the bench. But that position for time being is as keeper at 7. Yes Prassana has done a brilliant job, but he will never be more then a low 30s keeper. There comes a point when you have to start picking someone that can take your team forward, rather then rely one someone because they have done a decent job.

I know they openers have yet to really show their potential at International level and the previous openers have been poor. So it seems a easy spot to put in a new batsmen or push someone up the order. But if players are scoring runs heavily in a certain position at domestic level, they deserve an extended run. It is not as if we are trying to promote 35 FC average openers like Tharanga, Vandort or Warupura. These guys are averaging in their mid 40s and deserve an extended run. The last opener to average that in domestic cricket was Atapattu. Not saying these guys anywhere near that standard, but surely if your performing at that level, you deserve a chance. Though for Paranavitana that chance may be over after this Test series, unless he scores a hundred soon.
    The man, the mountain, the Mathews. The greatest all rounder since Keith Miller. (Y)

Jaffna Jets CC (Battrick & FTP)

RIP WCC and CW Cricket

Member of the MSC, JMAS and CVAAS

There wasn't much Karunaratne could do with the ball he got. Bastard of a delivery to get in your debut innings.

Pirana was a bit disappointing.

btw I'm going to butcher many of these Sri Lankan names this series because I cannot spell them. Sorry.

Thread Information