• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in Sri Lanka 2012

Flem274*

123/5
We've got this test in the bag lads. Bracewell will hit his stride, Boult and Southee will continue and Jeets will do ok, and the batsmen will turn up. We're about due a Guptill 74 and a Franklin 53, Baz always manages to average 40 in a test (usually with two 40s), Taylor is due a ton and Flynn looks the goods. Kruger will add one of his 30s down the order and we're looking at 700/7 declared with a Boult special with the bat. Herath will injure himself in the first innings.

New Zealand by an innings. I believe!

Flem274*

123/5
Lies. Boult and Bracewell will just take all the wickets. 5/10 each, in both innings. B&B will take over from W&W as the greatest fast bowling duo who are a play on the alphabet at the same time, as they should because B comes before W and even the word alphabet starts with an A.

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
Four tests on at once. Madness. In a good way.
not if you rely on there not being much cricket on and the same time (copyright phlegm**** 2012) to find a place to watch it. Frankly depressing being below Bang/WI in the priorities

Last edited:

Flem274*

123/5
I would just like to declare right now that Kippax is the best bloke ever. Stevo, you have competition for my official man crush.

Days of Grace

International Captain
Nah, don't mind the selection, tbh.

Franklin just hasn't been at the races. Must infuriate the coaching staff if he is blasting it in the nets and bowling at 135km/h + but becomes a limp dick on the playing field.

Flem274*

123/5
Franklin gaining 10kph after getting a wicket was the funniest moment of the last test for me. If he got another in that innings would he have started bowling at 145kph?

Both these blokes need tons today. Anything less is unacceptable.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
not if you rely on there not being much cricket on and the same time (copyright phlegm**** 2012) to find a place to watch it. Frankly depressing being below Bang/WI in the priorities
awta :happy:

Not unhappy that Astle debuting in place of Franklin. In some ways Franklin deserved one last chance but he also was just so poor with the bat last match. Astle legspin should be interesting.