• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in Sri Lanka 2012

Ghost

U19 12th Man
This is going to be over by drinks. I can't believe the ineptitude of these dismissals. Franklin wtf!!!

Howe_zat

Audio File
How the hell has Herath gone from being bog standard/ordinary to being a very good spinner in next to no time?

Looks like the match for SL now.
He was always pretty good, it's just that his early Test career was dominated by ridiculously high-scoring SL-India and SL-Pakistan matches.

Flametree

International 12th Man
So they'll have a couple of extra days before the next test. Long enough to phone up Ryder and Watling and get them on a plane?

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
One positive for NZ would be that Franklin got a wicket. Now has taken 5 test wickets in 5 years.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
How the hell has Herath gone from being bog standard/ordinary to being a very good spinner in next to no time?

Looks like the match for SL now.
Always been ordinary in county cricket as well which is surprising considering he has all the tricks. He was bowling the carrom ball years before Mendis turned up and he seems to have decent control of the leggies and offies he occasionally bowls.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
The disappointing thing about this match is that the pitch is my definition of a perfect wicket.

Good bounce, a little bit of swing, and a bit of turn. But a pitch where you can get yourself in and bat with confidence.

We're not even going to see how it holds up on day 4.

Oh well, let's hope Southee and Boult pick up a few wickets to bring their averages down to ground.

DriveClub

International Regular
Herath's the leading wicket taker this year so I guess he's improved massively. Has 40 odd at 20 in 7 Tests, that's impressive figures.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Southee hasn't taken the field.

If he's out for a while I don't think I have any reason to watch cricket in the near future.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Herath's the leading wicket taker this year so I guess he's improved massively. Has 40 odd at 20 in 7 Tests, that's impressive figures.
That is what I mean, gone from average to gun all of a sudden, not just the one series/game so isn't a flash in the pan either.

Howsie

International Captain
Oh well, let's hope Southee and Boult pick up a few wickets to bring their averages down to ground.
Nah he'll just beat the bat a few times, have a couple of edges go through the slips and finish with 0/24 off five. Bracewell on the other hand will no doubt pick up a few jammy wickets.