Page 39 of 150 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989139 ... LastLast

Thread: *Official* New Zealand in Sri Lanka 2012

Request Your Custom Title Now! Flem274*'s Avatar
    dropped or short?
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Jeets doesn't really deserve to be bowling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Well yeah Tendy is probably better than Bradman, but Bradman was 70 years ago, if he grew up in the modern era he'd still easily be the best. Though he wasn't, can understand the argument for Tendy even though I don't agree.
    Proudly supporting Central Districts
    RIP Craig Walsh

I can't decide which advert is worse - the morrison haka or the indian called luluplupluplup

Apo
    School Boy/Girl Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    I can't decide which advert is worse - the morrison haka or the indian called luluplupluplup
    lol I guess it's a case of it's so bad that it's so good

Quote Originally Posted by rvd619323 View Post
    Bracewell's a strange case. I'm not sure he's quite up to Test standard day-in, day-out; but when he gets himself into a groove he can look world class. When he doesn't fire, he seems to be pretty toothless against decent batsmen.

He's only 22 though, so I have no doubt he will develop into a great NZ bowler, but right now he must be causing some headaches for selectors.
    I don't think that's really a strange case; he's a talented bowler who can legitimately trouble good Test players but doesn't have the consistency yet to do it all the time. It's why there are scores of bowlers who will do better than him domestically but would be completely toothless at Test level - he can bowl balls they can't and occasionally trouble high class plaeyrs, even if he dishes up much more rubbish. It's far from unique though; pretty common for young bowlers with potential IMO.

Not a new thing with him either - he bowled some downright awful spells in Australia that were quickly forgotten when he won them a Test.
    ~ Cribbage

"oh look here, all the tourist from all the foreign. they know my name. what is my name?"

"LUPLUPLUPLUPLUPLUP"

Credit to Mahela where it's due but this has not been his best innings. If this was an away test he would be lucky to still be there judging by the way he's poked with hard hands to the pacemen at times.

Not sure how we're going to get Mathews out though. Apart from a few uncontrolled hooks he's looked pretty comfortable.

International Vice-Captain Howsie's Avatar
    Yay, Jeetan Patel looking nice and toothless. I really can't stand watching him bowl, terrible off-spinner really, waaaaaaaaaaaaaay to flat. I guess you couldn't play Astle though, he's a leggie and he bowls the odd bad ball....

Edit: Can't really blame Bracewell here, bugger all cricket, no warm up game, it's hardly surprising he's been this bad.
    Last edited by Howsie; 18-11-2012 at 01:46 AM.
    Northern Districts
    Proudly supporting KS Williamson, TG Southee, TA Boult, DR Flynn, BJ Watling, CJ Anderson and IS Sodhi

Nah, I disagree entirely. These guys eat spinners for breakfast but Jeets has been tight. Astle's one bad ball an over would be the end of him against Sri Lanka, India et al. If this was a turner in New Zealand, England, Australia or South Africa I'd roll him out for a go, but not here.

On top of a pile of money, surrounded by many beautiful women
    Quote Originally Posted by Howsie View Post
    Yay, Jeetan Patel looking nice and toothless. I really can't stand watching him bowl, terrible off-spinner really, waaaaaaaaaaaaaay to flat. I guess you couldn't play Astle though, he's a leggie and he bowls the odd bad ball....

Edit: Can't really blame Bracewell here, bugger all cricket, no warm up game, it's hardly surprising he's been this bad.
    I'd say that Bracewell has had way more bowling for CD than either Boult or Southee have had for New Zealand.
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    I can think of a list of Sydney Grade posters who would contribute a better average post than Bahnz.
    Maow like no one can hear you maowing.

Apo
    School Boy/Girl Captain
    I agree with the prince guy now, Mathews looks to be a superb player against pace, needs to open.

Quote Originally Posted by Bahnz View Post
    I'd say that Bracewell has had way more bowling for CD than either Boult or Southee have had for New Zealand.
    Perhaps, but two games in the last month and a half is hardly ideal preperation for a test seamer, especially by bowling on the other side of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    Nah, I disagree entirely. These guys eat spinners for breakfast but Jeets has been tight. Astle's one bad ball an over would be the end of him against Sri Lanka, India et al. If this was a turner in New Zealand, England, Australia or South Africa I'd roll him out for a go, but not here.
    Patel needs to be able to take wickets though, and so far he hasn't even looked close in doing so. Being tight is all well and good but you can't expect the seamers to pick up all 10 wickets.

Cricketer Of The Year Hurricane's Avatar
    Weren't they 50-5?
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    I got great enjoyment in going to the game and shouting "WHY THE **** ISN'T THIS GAME BEING PLAYED AT THE BASIN?!>!?!?" to reasonably significant cheers from the sparse crowd
    Proudly against the bring back Bennett movement since he is injury prone and won't last 5 days.

I don't think it's a workload thing. Nearly every single over he's bowled he's bowled dross in the first 2-3 deliveries and finished strongly. He's having trouble getting started, so maybe it's related to the changes he's made to his action? They could still be feeling a bit new and weird to him so he might be taking a few balls every over to get comfortable.

On top of a pile of money, surrounded by many beautiful women
    Quote Originally Posted by Howsie View Post
    Perhaps, but two games in the last month and a half is hardly ideal preperation for a test seamer, especially by bowling on the other side of the world.
    Meh, he's a professional cricketer. Ideally he'd get a warm-up game, but he really has no excuse to turn up and bowl a bag of **** like he has today.

Thread Information