• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in Sri Lanka 2012

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
I'd take a spinner who can pick up 2-80 off 15-20 overs with the attack we have right now.
I think you're being wildly over optimistic about Astle's capabilities if you think he would emerge from a days bowling with figures like those.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Loving KVW's calls from behind the stumps

"Lovely work Jeetan"
"Well bowled Jeetan"
"That's the way Jeetan"

Flem274*

123/5
NZ with a 5 run 1st innings lead on the cards.:ph34r:

I'm surprised Franklin hasn't bowled more today - he was on the money in his previous spell and kept the Sri Lankans pinned down.

Flem274*

123/5
With the new batsman in surely it's worth giving Southee or Boult a quick two over burst before racing through the overs until the new ball?

edit: wwhat do i know. jeets!

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Just needed Doug to give him the assurance that he wasn't the worst bowler on display.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Slips and gully for Bracewell bowling to the SL number 9 - tries to bowl a yorker and goes for four. Not a good performance by him.

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
Time and time again it's been shown: unless you're a freak bowling 150kph, the most effective way to bowl to tailenders is to pretend they're real batsmen. Quit trying to go for the glory ball, Doug

Last edited: